Origin Of Symmetry review by Muse

• Released: Jun 18, 2001
Muse: Origin Of Symmetry

Well I may be 5 years out of date, but this album will never get old to me. Perfect sound, and in my opinion, levels Muse hadn't reached before and never will again, sadly. With the "loud-rock" songs, in one way to describe them, such as 'Plug In Baby' and 'Hyper Music' and brilliantly crafted slower songs such as 'Bliss' and 'Citizen Erased' and then the nice mixtures of both in songs like 'New Born' and the cover track 'Feeling Good' all make this album sound amazing! With such a broad mixture of all different styles of which Muse can pull of quite fantastically, this album stands out from all the bands other attempts. But Muse albums, as you may agree, are not really comparable becase their sound changes every album, for the better. This is why I think this stands out so much, as this is the sound they have come up with which grabs my attention most!

Matt Bellamy's lyrics are not only great, but inspiring too. He's a great songwriter, but it doesn't compare to his singing voice. He can sing, he can shout, he can shriek and pull them all off perfectly. Although I dont think this is the bets Muse album lyrically, its the best sounding, and the best vocally, so this is why I'm giving this section a 10, but mainly just because I like the album so much I want it to have perfect reviews!

Well as you have probably gethered by now, I quite like this album, so my overall impression in that it will earn its place in the history books for years to come, and if it doesn't, its always got a home in my CD player! Unless its stolen, then a brand new copy of the album will take its place. Same as if it were to be lost or scratched etc. Hm, most impressive songs on the album have got to be the first three, 'New Born', 'Bliss', and 'Space Dementia', along with later tracks such as 'Darkshines' and 'Feeling Good'. The one thing I hate about this album is when it ends! I just want it to continue through its magnificent sound, and brilliant vocals, so obviously, this section also gets a high rating from me!

muzz666
    muzz666
    A Radiohead fan saying that Muse lyric's are "awful, ridiculous and immature"... Anyone else smell irony? Muse > Radiohead (and thats coming from a fan of OK Computer and Kid A...after that...meh) and this album shows us why. Muse at their best IMO.
    StratMaster101
    What a loser you are Sinder Velvin. Go rate a freakin Radiohead album. I like Radiohead as well as Muse, but I don't go bashing other bands. Unless it's like Mushroomhead or Slayer...
    Cliff_Hetfield
    Sinder, to me Radiohead's boring. Muse has a much faster pace then they do. I mean maybe I'm speaking through my ass, but give me some songs that are like Hyper Music, or Plug In Baby by Radiohead, and maybe I'll change my opinion. But right now Radiohead is good but too slow.
    Gibson Phoney
    Sinder Velvin go f off you idiot. Who are you? Some fat git who thinks he knows everything! Radiohead suck, like you.
    Cheezy
    I really like Radiohead, but I think Muse's recentworld dominacne- where are Radiohead now? While Muse play every amazing aremna in the world Thom Yorke records some dodgy solo album...point proven I think.
    Spacechild399
    Radiohead suck! just because Matt Bellamy and Thom Yorke falsetto, doesnt mean that they are the same. Also, they have some amazing lyrics, like the whole way through "Bliss" and "Citizen Erased". And don't even think about criticising they're musical talents, because they are some of the most talented musicians around. If you like Radiohead, go rate some of theyre albums. Muse haters are NOT WELCOME here.
    lpgreatfan
    for me, the best muse album!!new born, bliss, plug in baby and citizen erased are amazing songs, love it...