Origin Of Symmetry review by Muse

• Released: Jun 18, 2001
Muse: Origin Of Symmetry

Bellamy and Co. have created a great album yet again with Origin of Symetry. It is truly original something, that can be rarely said about music these days and probably my favourite Muse album. Matt Bellamy has taken his Manson electrics and written something not just good something dark, elegant and magical at the same time. This is not only a good album to listen to it is also a good album to play yourself with many good techniques employed such as pinch harmonics on "Citizen Erased".

The subject of this album is relationships and although the lyrics are not beutifully poetic and as great as someone like Dylan or Lenon they serve their purpose, helping capture the dark or very inverse in the case of "Bliss". The highlights of the album lyrically are the stunning "New Born" and "Plug in Baby".

This album varies greatly in its musicality. At the start of the record master riffs are the order of the day with "New Born" and "Plug In Baby" then songs like this are complimented by tracks such as "Space Dementia" and their cover of a Nina Simone classic "Feeling Good" although this is a guitar page it is worth noting Bellamy's piano skills are phenomenol and is likely one of the best pianists in the world. This is album is grand in every sense, a delight to listen to and definetly worth buying. If I lost or broke the CD I would sprint to the nearest record shop and buy it again, probably twice.

troykeenan
    ok my band is constantly compared to muse,the same way muse were compared to radiohead. the only similarities are the falsetto and emotion. this album kicks ass! better than californication in my opinion(and rhcp are my favourite band). i f**king love citizen erased, bliss and plug in baby!