Origin Of Symmetry review by Muse

• Released: Jun 18, 2001
Muse: Origin Of Symmetry

One of the best albums to grace this earth. I will play this album in my car very loudly with the windows down, and whenever I pass people standing outside on their lawns, I consider them blessed. I will review each of the songs: 01.New Born: definitely in the top 5 Muse songs. Kicks off with the gentle, eery broken chord melody, then builds up into one of the most insane riffs I have ever heard. It doesn't stop here... the guitar in the verse is addictive, as well as the tremolo picked solo(even better live). Backboned by the delicious bass line, this is a masterpiece. 02.Bliss: I'm not going to write anything here, this is an extremely beautiful song. 03.Space Dementia: a brilliant piano piece... demonstrates Matt's ability to jam the hell out of the piano... accompanied by sweet vocals. Hyper Music: The first twenty seconds of this song will make you absolutely curious to hear the rest... one of Chris's crunchiest bass lines to date. Plug in Baby: Awesome guitar riff with another tasty bass line entering in the process, awesome chorus, awesome song. 04.Citizen Erased: insanely catchy riff throughout the verse... mind blowing solo, then a calming down delicate piano piece. 05.Micro Cuts: perhaps Matt's most insane pieces of work yet... this song features his intense vocal range and concludes with a ground breaking outro... it's really cool to listen to this in your car with volume all the way up. 06.Screenager: a lot of people don't really like this one, but I think the chorus is really beautul. 07.Darkshines: probably my least favorite song of the album... It's still very good. 08.Feeling Good: a really cool cover of the original song. 09.Megelomania: a fantastic conclusion to this godly album... a brilliant organ piece with an epic chorus.

Personally, I think the lyrics are amazing. Attach that to one of the best voices I've ever heard, and you've got an outstanding vocal piece. The lyrics fit the mood of the music perfectly.

This album compares to other Muse albums, but that's about it. The most impressive songs are all of them. Everything about this album is absolutely wonderful. I would buy 20 of these albums just to show my support for Muse, and you should too.

burndttoast
    FleaBuc wrote: Dear God the Radiohead/Muse comparisons are moronic. I LOVE both bands. Choosing between them would be like choosing between my own children. Honestly, these two bands aren't anything alike. Radiohead doesn't rock as hard and their hooks are much deeper, you listen to their music and don't expect it to get stuck in your head but it does. Muse is a freaking rock band, and arena rock band with amazing hooks. Both bands are amazingly talented and both bands are fronted by brilliant songwriters. Both bands are great. Do we REALLY have to compare them?!?
    You read my mind. These two bands are unique in their own way, and anyone who honestly thinks they're so similar to a point of actual comparison must have not heard enough of either bands to know this fact.
    Baroque_and_Rol
    "It is worth noting Bellamy's piano skills are phenomenol and is likely one of the best pianists in the world." That seems a bit much. He's good, but I can play most of his piano parts, and I'm a decent piano player at best. Damn good album, though.
    vagelier
    lol @ [QUOTE=mon_the_fraser] although this is a guitar page it is worth noting Bellamy's piano skills are phenomenol and is likely one of the best pianists in the world. [/QUOTE] That sorta decreased the credibility of your review to a point where I didn't really bother thinking about anything you said. Sorry mate but think those kind of statements through. It could've been a valid review nonetheless but it just makes you look very naive.