XIII review by Mushroomhead

• Released: Oct 14, 2003
Mushroomhead: XIII

This album has gotten a lot of bad reviews because people think that Mushroomhead are trying to sound and look like Slipknot. This is complete and utter B.S. Mushroomhead were formed and gigging long before Slipknot were formed, and this album sound nothing like anything that Slipknot have done. Both vocalists, J Mann and Jeffrey Nothing, have their own distinctive voices and make the crunching riffs and trembling drum and basslines stand out above all of the crap Slipknot have done. Not forgetting the samples and keyboards adding more melody to their already great songs.

Nothing particularly out of the ordinary, however they don't go looking in the dictionary for "big" words like Slipknot have done on past albums, and they get you thinking about what they're both saying.

Now, as you are reading this review, you're thinking to yourself, "why is Slipknot mentioned twice if they sound nothing like them?" and I answer, So many people have compared these two bands looking for reasons to put Mushroomhead down, but the truth is, Mushroomhead are a truly amazing band, and it is undeniable from this album. If you haven't got this album, go out and buy it now!

metal4me
    i love this album. Sun Doesn't Rise is the best song. The Dream Is Over is a good one too.
    XAliendudeX
    roosterfx1
    XAliendudeX wrote: !Muy Bien! I actually like Destroy the World Around Me because its big and epic and all that.
    I agree...love the whole background propaganda and the long crunching chords. good stuff...
    Freakshow92890
    Great album it second only to XX and even then it is a very close match XX gets a 10.0 and XIII gets a 9.5
    Fred1000000
    Y'know who did masks before Mushroomhead AND Slipknot? GWAR. So there! (I happen to like all three bands to an extent.)
    murderdolls3434
    slipknot didnt steel the idea think about it there must be so many bands in this world and some use masks so the is going to be a simalarity some where