Mutiny Within review by Mutiny Within

• Released: Feb 23, 2010
Mutiny Within: Mutiny Within

The first thing you hear on the opening track Awake, is the immensely beefy sound of guitars, and some sick blast beats. Then vocalist Chris Clancy opens his mouth, and you are left with the sweet sound of Mutiny Within. Shredding solo's, insane riffs that bust your guts and melt your face. The production quality is amazing, as is anything from Roadrunner Records. The drums are thick and clear, the keyboards are noticeable, the bass is low and heavy, and the vocals are epic. Just as the doctor ordered. Every song ends with you wanting more. You might find yourself grabbing your guitar/bass/keyboard and try to find out what key the song is in, just so you can play along to it. You'll find this difficult, due to the wondrous guitar skills executed by the at the time 18 year old guitarist. Brandon Jacobs shows off his guitar prowess that shows he studied hard long hours alone in his bedroom. Its looks like spending his time learning Necrophagist albums payed off. Drummer Bill shows how drums were meant to be played, with double bass and blast beats that would make any metalhead proud. A strong sound from the New Jersey/England boys.

Lyrics reminds me of a better time when those counted just as much as a solo. Howard Jones would be proud, Phil Labonte would be jealous, and we will all relate to them. Chris delivers every line and every syllable with such force, that you'll put this CD on repeat and fall asleep to it every nite for a week, because you just can't get enough. Every lyric fits in perfectly with the music behind it, every chorus is catchy, and every song has a hook. And Chris shows his vocal talent and pushes his voice to near perfection. The opening high note on Falling Forever is all the proof you need. And lets not forget the nice mixture of growls and screams, that will satisfy your core side. Songs like Lethean and Year of Affliction lets you know there is a screamer/growler deep inside Chris. The mix is about 80% clean vocals, 20% screaming, so if you love the clean and melodic, this is the band for you.

This album is an instant classic. Its an album you will actually go out and buy, instead of download off Frostwire. Songs like Falling Forever, Undone, Suffocate, Oblivion, and Forsaken are the songs that show off every members never ending talent. This is a band that is is easy to fall in love with, and even easier to become obsessed with. I can't wait to hear new material from these guys in the future. As for now, I'm left with this amazing album. I think I can last. Check this band out, I promise you won't regret it. In fact, you might just thank me.

matt360
    This album is legendary in my opinion, one of a small select of 10/10's in my opinion. Their new album Synchronicity is quite a disappointment after making such a strong debut. I am eternally thankful for their debut.
    Oli_
    The album is $5 on the Roadrunner/ Omegaorder site, absolute BARGAIN.
    rob904
    Gave the album a listen, it's pretty good, just seems too generic to me. Sounds like a mix of a bunch other Roadrunner bands, and personally i'd rather listen to the other bands
    Hessian_Peel
    got the album the other day. I am enjoying it, very melodic, which isn't a bad thing if you've got a singer who can pull it off, and I think Chris can. My only criticism is that this feels like it should be a progressive metal record, but the songs don't last long enough to really get there.
    Dillingerfold
    As soon as I heard that beefy chorus from Awake I could tell this band was going to be nothing short of truly epic. Jumped straight into my top 3 bands easily after seeing how consistent they are with the rest of the album too. Pure chance I even found them, was looking through the track listing for Metal Hammer's AC/DC cover album on youtube. Eternally grateful to that magazine now
    IN54N1TY
    Absolutely incredible album. Can't wait to see what they come up with in the future
    Jcsb1993
    Definitely an incredible album. I'm normally one for instrumental work, but Chris is my absolute favorite part of the band. Beautiful singing