Secret Weapon review by MxPx

• Released: Jul 17, 2007
MxPx: Secret Weapon

Although MxPx strays from their original punk sound to more alternative sound, they sound really good in this album. They have more solos and everything. My top 5 songs from this are Secret Weapon, Top of the Charts, Biting the Bullet(is bad for business), Bass So Low, and Sad Sad Song. Although Sad Sad Song sounds like an old school pop song the bass in the intro just sounds cool. And in the song Bass So Low they have a really awesome bass solo in it. They even have the bassist from Bad Religion do a guitar solo in the song Secret Weapon and it just sounds awesome.

The lyrics are really good. In most songs you can hear what he's talking about so you can get the point of the song. Like in the song Chop Shop, it's talking about a murder that apparently happened in Bremorton, WA. In Sad Sad Song he's just saying that he doesnt't want to be a part of a sad sad song because he wants to be positive. In Top of the Charts it sounds like they kind of make fun of themselves for never getting to the top of the charts while saying that it's not all that important.

I think the most impressive song from the album is Secret Weapon just because it sounds so awesome. I don't really hate anything about this album but 1 thing I don't really like is the song Angels. The guitar is good but for some reason I just don't like it. I actually still don't have it yet but I'm borrowing it and you should definetely buy it.

Long_way_down10
    AndyVanHalen wrote: I remember listening to Life In General on cassette back in middle school... Gotta love this band. Good to see them back on Tooth & Nail Records as well.
    Yeah, dude! Hopefully Tooth & Nail doesn't screw them over though. They do that with a lot of bands (the Side Walk Slam into Run Kid Run transformation for example). Probably one of my favorite bands. Top 5 for sure. Have a good day my punk friends!
    .:!j.man!:.
    After a couple of listens all songs begin to sound more and more individual. The sort of album that grows on you
    zachdavisdjf
    Great album, kind of like they just wanted to try everything they hadn't gotten around to. I obviously worked. I enjoy the style of music in Panic a little more, but Secret Weapon is just as good musically.