Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Nov 19, 2010
My Chemical Romance: Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys

Now, if you got hooked on MCR from welcome to the black parade, this CD is not for you. This CD is a completely different concept and a different storyline from The Black Parade. The black parade was a concept album about someone dying from cancer and telling his story leading up to it, kind of like a Tarantino film. It's dark, depressing, and made people think MCR was a suicide cult. This CD is punk-pop, but with the slow songs still intact. This CD is about the Government (or Better Living Industries) selling us protection and things we don't need, but we are taught to believe that we do need it. MCR plays the "Killjoys", rebels who believe that we don't need all the s**t we're told we need. Narrarated by Dr. Death Defying, it tells their story.

Gerard Way continuously amazes me with his lyrics. In every single song, he tells a story or a concept. All the songs on this CD are very cleverly connected lyrically. A key example is the song "The only hope for me is you". I interpret it as a love song, but it could also be seen as a song about survival. Now there are some songs that could use more lyrics in them. Such as "Destroya". It's a very upbeat song with the classic MCR attitude we saw in Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. Very in-your-face with a f**k you attitude, but all the words that can be understood on a first-listen basis are "You don't believe in God, I don't believe in luck, you don't believe in us, but I believe we're the enemy." A nice message, but should use more to support it.

Overall, this is an amazing CD if you listen to it with an open mind. I didn't like it at first, but then again, I listened to "Na na na", "SING", "Bulletproof heart", and "The only hope for me is you" before I bought it. The order of songs could've been thought of again, seeing as it goes, Talking, Action, Sad, Action, Techno, Sad, and so on. If you like MCR and are a dedicated member of the MCRmy, buy this CD. If you don't really care for MCR but like a couple of their songs, listen to it online. If you don't know MCR but are looking for something to listen to them as a starter song, ask a friend who has all of thier CDs. Previous reviews say that this CD sounds like Queen. In some songs, you can hear it, but I wouldn't say the whole CD does.

Blaise26
    omgbadman wrote: MCR are just another emo trend band with lack of creativity and a fan empire consisting of 15 year-old fat girls who burn themselves and call it artistic. -That is a bunch of BS!15 year old fat girls who burn themselves??? seriously? they are fully against the whole "emo" trend. if you knew anything about the band then you would know they have done a lot against cutting and burning and all that jazz.... GO MY CHEM!!!