Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Nov 19, 2010
My Chemical Romance: Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys

Blasting sound, is a good new star for the band, like the tracks SING, Planetary (GO!), Summertime and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W give us a different point of view of what MCR is. The mixing in this record is brilliant, some fans will not get the new sound or maybe call them sellout but using pedals and writting fun music isnt sell out, give the guys a break! They're trying to have fun with the music. The story goes like this, is the year 2019 and the planet is controlled by a company BL/ind, in the other hand we have the killjoys who are the rebels that fight these bad guys. We are transported to a new world and of course the music is different, have a mix of an electro sound with a hard rock sound. It kinda remains me of Bowie's Diamond Dogs and it really amazed me, good job.

The lyrics in this record show in part the life of the killjoys, nice work of Gerard trying to tell us tales of their lives. Maybe not as good as the previous records but definitely a dramatic change in this band; taking a new view of things and new experiences makes it really confortable to hear. The lyrics go in a perfect way with the sound, happy, colorful and shinny; new things will be in this band and for their best. Gerard's voice in this record is like to heard a good old friend coming back to the town, give chills to the fans in the best way possible, not the best voice in the planet but it's great to hear him in the studio.

I like this album because it's different from the others; takes the best of the black parade with an amazing concept, a new sound and lyrics, the fun of Three Cheers and the new start of Bullets. Hands down to the tracks: Na Na Na, Bulletproof Heart, Party Poison, Save Yourself and Vampire Money. I had a low expectation in this album but it changed my mind, definitely is worth buying it. Shows a great work of MCR with Rob Cavallo, hope to see some of them in the future.

JacksonRhoads
    IN MY OPINION, my chemical romance hasnt, and will not, ever ammount to anything worth talking about
    sINISTERcRAYON
    I got so excited for this album when I heard MCR cover Desolation Row for the Watchmen movie. All that anticipation and this is comes out!? Its Green Day all over again :{
    stueey
    dougcls wrote: wow, i lost all respect for someone comparing MCR to Billy Talent. Billy Talent is um... talented duh... They write unique songs amazing lyrics and everyone of them are talented. There isn't a shred of talent in MCR, especially in their singer.
    Well explains their global success!
    stueey
    rockinroller25 wrote: i have like 4 songs on my ipod from their past albums i thought even though they were dark lyrics they had kind of a humorous ring in it, for example: "Dead"'s guitar solo that had a part where it sounded like the woodey woodpecker laugh. so im kinda not surprised they've gone to a punk rock sound now, and i'm gonna give the album a shot.
    That is a cool little solo!
    tai1221
    punklike wrote: OK... While I love, Listen to, and respect My Chemical Romance, the truth hurts. I was most expectant of MCR's new album over that of any other upcoming releases of the year, and coincidentally it has been the biggest disappointment. The album seems as though it was written alongside the Ramones or the Clash, and while that may sound interesting or fresh, it lacks personality or the more realistic style of writing that most die hard fans are used to. The most annoying part of the album is that several "tracks" on the album are 30 seconds long and are completely pointless intros. The album is chock-full of catchy riffs, choruses, and semi-punk rhythm to the point where it just gets old. Don't lose all hope though; the album has a few "real" songs that are what MCR fans are used to, and although there aren't many, it's better than nothing. I take nothing away from them as musicians, they are as talented as ever with their instruments. The occasional guitar solo can be heard by lead guitarist Ray Toro on just about every track. Rhythm guitarist Frank Iero is still doing what he does best. The drum sound differs slightly from older MCR due to Bob Bryar's leaving the band, although it doesn't drastically change the music. But the biggest disappointment of the music itself is Gerard Way's [lack of] singing, any MCR fan knows that his voice is among the best in alternative music today; but on most of the songs on the album he is either, yelling, being repetitive, or doing what almost sounds like a sort of rap-talking thing. I think I speak for every true MCR fan when I say, we miss your SINGING. All in all, I've heard worse albums, but it feels like something is missing in the new album; heart. If this weren't My Chemical Romance, I might even like this album because it is different than what most artists are doing today. Although, it IS MCR but I, not unlike others, can't help but expect more of them. Best Track: The Only Hope for Me is You Worst Trackother than Na Na Na...) Party Poison? Rating: 3.5/10
    If you were going to post all that, write a review instead of a wall of text in the comments...