Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Nov 19, 2010
My Chemical Romance: Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys

It's definately different to anything else MCR have done before. I'm a huge fan of the band and I don't know if I really like the new style as much as I do on the first 3 albums. Because I listen to a lot of metal and the album is kind of pop-punky, it's not really my style but because it's MCR, I like it anyway. I like the concept of the album and all the storylines and characters MCR have created, but the music has failed a tad. There's a few songs that stand out but others that are a bit... meh...

Lyrics=awesomeness! They totally tie in with the concept of the album and they fit with the music well. Some of the lyrics tell a story which I think is awesome and Gerard's voice has so much emotion in the songs, it's amazing! The band still mention death a few times, like their previous albums, but they are sang in an un-deathlike way which makes death and everything seem far more lighter and happier.

The tunes and music are okay, the guitar playing skills are amazing as always, especially the lead guitarist, Ray Toro, who really shines on the album with his solos. The lyrics are epic, as well as the storylines and characters, so overall, I'd say this is an amazing album!

link no1
    I'm Pretty sure I heard a statement saying "we are going to sound more like Judas Preist era of music" Glad that never happend,I would hate to hear a washed up band I used to like before an over rated album do their version of 'Painkiller' or 'Ram It Down'
    reaper_x
    ColdHeartedHero wrote: Queens weak. MCRs weak. Protest the Hero rules. Amen to that!
    Go away.
    fobfan35
    everyone kinda has to pay attetnion to the fact that they are kinda different people, gerard is married witha kid n probably happy, the lyrics arent as powerful as the old mcr but the music makes up heavily for that lack, its a fun album wi/o feeling like u wanna cry, and people are saying they sed theyd be heavier but u have to follow news on the band because they sed they scrapped that record and wrote a whole new one, hence danger days, give the guys a break its a great album, if u wanted the same depressed mcr then let it go and find some other band to listen to
    thootenbass
    i just bought this album yesterday and while its not the worst album i have ever heard i was disappointed in it. I love all of the their other albums with TCFSR and Bullets being my favorite but not to say i didn't like TBP. When I heard that MCR was putting out a new album, I was pumped because they have been one of my favorite bands for years. I still like the album as a whole but some of the songs S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W for example just didn't really fit on the album in my opinion. I don't buy into the whole "they got popular so they sold out" nonsense, every band gets popular at some point in time, i think it just makes them concentrate harder on trying to make something great.
    Harry_66
    Lung wrote: omgbadman wrote: MCR are just another emo trend band with lack of creativity and a fan empire consisting of 15 year-old fat girls who burn themselves and call it artistic. Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go 'round.
    +1.000.000.000.000 damn right!