Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Nov 19, 2010
My Chemical Romance: Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys

If you looked at one of the songs expecting something like The Black Parade, you'd probably be like me and hate Danger Days almost straight away. But then, if you listen to one of their songs three times over, it starts to sound much better, and sooner or later you can't get enough. Honestly, I started learning bass after hearing a bass cover for Summertime, and have almost never but my bass guitar down since. It really opens your eyes to realise that you don't have to stick with one sound forever.

The lyrics are more random in the songs then previous songs, each line having it's own meaning, in songs like S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W and Vampire Money, you wouldn't expect the lyrics to go so well. Gerard has kept to the same voice, not 'changing' it by going to a different type of band.

My Chemical Romance have been my favourite band since I was nine, so obviously Danger Days is as good to me as the other albums they've released, and they will never come second to any band I know. I think that Summertime is the nicest song [as I said before] because it has a feeling of the past, yet is still jetting off into the future, when I listen to it, I think that it's like 1979 by the Smashing Pumpkings. I love everything about it, especially how they have two guitarists that have completley different styles, that merge so well. The only thing I hate is that you have to listen to songs a couple of times to like them, so obviously if you're one of those people who just look through songs you'll probably never be attached to their songs. If it was lost, I would definatley go and buy another one. I'd probably buy ten just incase I lose another one! This band I can't live without [not in the suicidal way] I listen to this album every day on the way to school and everytime I'm on the computer, it's helped me learn that who you are is who you are, and no one in this world is worth changing for.

loz4
    omgbadman wrote: Did you just compare MCR to Queen in the summary line? Fail. MCR are just another emo trend band with lack of creativity and a fan empire consisting of 15 year-old fat girls who burn themselves and call it artistic.
    I was going to quote sdaying +100000 but the guy above me beat me to it, so i'm going to step it up and say +Infinity Really this album is very, very bad, where is the passion, sounds like 11 year old's pop music to me, rather than songs like Famous Last Words.
    vampirekiller
    jetfuel495 wrote: dougcls wrote: This band sucks... then they go and pull a Kings of Leon and sell out and change everything to sell a record ^Does not know what "sell out" means.paramore_fans wrote: MCR copies the style of Canadian band BILLY TALENT who are way more talented than them!!! and I'm telling you the truth, I used to like MCR but they are sellouts!!! hahaha Now I like me some Billy Talent, but I don't see how MCR is copying them at all. You also probably don't know the meaning of sellout either. No offense.
    MCR is the best... Hey.. Hayley got her nude picture... eeewww is that a proper way to be a rock singer? I don't think so... maybe you're just a small ***** going around trying to be a rock fan just like your Hayley Willam... no offencev meant..
    mattiwillohouse
    Just picked this album up, completely hooked on the first two songs. Definitely growing on me. The Queen thing is simply due to harmonies with guitar and vocals. They are NOTHING like Queen