I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Apr 12, 2004
My Chemical Romance: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

MCR has a very unique sound, somewhat of hardcore, emo, and punk mixed together. Many people dislike MCR after first hearing them. I did too, but when i started listening to the song "Drowning Lessons" the sound caught on. Then soon all the songs on this CD became my favorites. From slow songs like "Early Sunsets Over Monroeville" to agressive songs like "Honey this mirror isnt big enough for the two of us". Gerard Way's voice is incredible. His singing seems messy at first, but eventually it just shows creativity and the wonders of his voice range.

Gerard is one of the most talented singers next to Geoff Rickly of Thursday. MCR's lyrics just flow so well and Gerards creative singing makes them sound even better. With subjects from vampires (Vampires Will Never Hurt You), to lonely office space (Cubicles) their lyrics are amazing.

Im still out to find a band that sounds like MCR, but i cant. Songs like "Headfirst for Halos" and "Our Lady of Sorrows" make you wanna stand up and scream at the world. MCR is currently in production of a second album for look for it!