I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Apr 12, 2004
My Chemical Romance: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

My Chemical Romance cannot be compared to anything. They're such a blend of so many different sounds, they have no category. This first album is definitely darker and more all over the place than their second album. Whether the music is fast or slow, soft or hard, it all sounds excellent. This entire album just makes me want to rock out loud for the entire fourty minutes.

Gerard Way has a very wide variety of vocals on this album. He can go from aggressive to soft and quiet in an instant and every single word fits right along with the music. Frank's background vocals also do a lot to boost the vocals, providing a lot of the album's jumble of screaming backgrounds.

This is one of my favorite albums of all time. No matter what mood I'm in, there is a song on this disc that fits right along with it. My personal favorite tracks were "Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two of Us," "Vampires Will Never Hurt You," "Our Lady Of Sorrows," "Cubicles" and the powerful ending track, "Demolition Lovers." I already have bought the album again! They re-released it with videos for "Honey" and "Vampires" and I had to have it, so I won't have to worry about losing it.