I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Apr 12, 2004
My Chemical Romance: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

MCR's sound is like no other. I recently saw them live and they blew the house away. I have both of their album's but this one is most deffinatly my favorite. The song quality isn't as good, but thats what I like more about it. It has a rougher sound. Ray and Frank can change styles in an instant, that just really accents on how verstile this band really is.

The lyrics on "I Brought You My Bullets..." are, to me, alot darker. They bring a morbid sound, especially slower songs like Demolition Lovers, my personal favorite, and Early Sunsets Over Monroeville. But in a split second the whole sound changes. Gerard has, no doubt, an incredible voice. He, like the rest of the band, is so incredibley versitile with his music. He is also an incredible song writer. I think with prescription drug and alcoholism at the time might have attributed to it (Headfirst For Halos) but overall one of my favorite singers of all time.

This album does not compare to any bands that I can think of. The songs all had their own twists and turns that made them unique. I don't hate anything about the album, other than it's not as popular, but who needs popularity when you have such great fans? If it were stolen I wouldn't need to worry, already ripped to the computer!