I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Apr 12, 2004
My Chemical Romance: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

I got this CD a couple of months after I got Three Cheers and liked it. This CD is a really good intro in MCR and I really like the sound they had in the disk. Ray and Frank did really well on guitars with a lot more solos and innovative riffs. Mikey's bass was better in this album then their second one which is great. Matt did very well drumming as well. There was one or two tracks that were recorded badly and were of bad quality, but other than that it was very well put together.

Gerard's lyrics in this album were much, much darker than those in three cheers, but they were very well written and he fit well with the band. His talent wasn't as great as in their second album, and he did a lot more screaming in this album, but he never over did it which is hard to do. he wrote songs about vampires "Vampires Will Never Hurt You," about suicide "Headfirst For Halos, the lonely work place "Cubicles, and about the secrets of a small town "Early Sunsets Over Munroeville." Gerard was suffering from sevre depression at the time and you can tell by the lyrics, but it is a really well written album.

I still liked their new CD better, but this is definetly a good CD to get. I really like this band and its good to hear some of the songs they started out with. The best songs are "Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us," "Vampires Will Never Hurt You," "Drowning Lessons," "Skylines And Turnstiles" (even thhough its bad quality it's a good song), "Early Sunsets Over Munroeville" and "Demolition Lover" (awsome solo). Overall this is an awesome album by an awsome band. Really can't wait for them to release some more great music!