I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Apr 12, 2004
My Chemical Romance: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

The sound is amazing. It's punk, metal, and a little gothic punk, basically a kick ass rock band's first CD. I don't know the story of the creation of the album but the album itself tells a story (in an interview the band explained the basic story line but you'll have to listen to both "I Brought You My Bullets You Brought Me Your Love" and "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" to fully understand the story). The basics is this guy dies and he thinks this girl died also, so he makes a deal with the devil. The devil says he can see her if he kills 1000 evil men. The CD's bad ass by itself, so the storylines kind of a bonus.

The lyrics even in one or two places where the words are a little silly they all sound fricking awsome. The lyrics are pretty well tuned, their are some lyrics that are absolutly stunning. The lyrics go with the music oh so greatly, the gothy love to pist-off lyrics constant snare through almost every song very fast guitar picking. Gerard way's singing, I think it's awesome I love his voice, though I can't really judge a singers skill because I'm not a singer.

I think both their first and second albums come really close when deciding which ones best, but "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge", is better tuned because of a major record label, and thetime they spent on it. The most impressive songs are "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" (it is over five-minutes long. I can't say why I like this song other than it's pretty cool) and "Head First For Halos" (the intro to the song is a fast guitar riff accompanied by drums which is a bad-ass intro. The other reason I like this song is the lyrics go really well with the music). There is nothing in the album I hate, I just love its unique sound.