I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Apr 12, 2004
My Chemical Romance: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

I bought this after I had bought Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, so I was already a big fan. I think this album is better than the 2nd one because each song is unique. The music is very good and the style changes throughout the CD, even in each song.

The lyrics are great. They are mostly very abstract (you can tell that by just looking at the song titles) but still hold true to the meaning. Topics range fron 9/11 (Skylines & Turnstiles) to vampires (Vampires Will Never Hurt You). The lyrics match well with the music. Not only does Gerard Way write good lyrics, but I think he has a good voice to.

This is probably one of my favorite CD's of all time. My favorite songs are Vampires Will Never Hurt You; Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us; and Demolition Lovers, which truly is a beautiful song. I love how some songs are really fast and hard while others are soft and melodic and still others go from one to another. I already have 2 copies because the first one wore out from being overplayed. I would suggest buying the rereleased version because it comes with music videos for "Vampires..." and "Honey, This Mirror..." as well as a CD sampler from Eyeball records.