I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Apr 12, 2004
My Chemical Romance: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

The sound of "I Bought You My Bullets, You Bought Me Your Love" is unlike any other album I have ever bought. It is completly different to their later albums "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" and "The Black Parade" someone said that this album is indie. I have absolutly no idea why this person said that. Yes, some parts are quiet, but there are some heavy, hard parts that indie bamds wouldn't dare dream of putting on their albums. This album is full of darkness, which is My Chemical Romance all over.

Some lyrcs are very deep and personal, which, again, is My Chemical Romance. Gerard Way delivers these lyrics well, of course. There seriously isn't a better singer out there who will be able to bring these lyrics alive other than Gerard. The lyrics can be hard, they can be sad and emotional, and they can be full of darkness. This is echoed through the music played by Gerard's brother Mikey on bass, Matt on drums, and Ray and Frank on guitar, even though Frank only played on a few of the songs.

I think this album is absolutly amazing for one made in someones basement. Obviously, it is nowhere near as good as "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" or "The Black Parade" my favorite song is "Vampire Will Never Hurt You." I bought this album for a fiver and it was worth so much more than that. What I particularly love about the album is the darkness that it embraces. That is one of my favorite things about MCR. If this was lost/stolen of course I would buy it again!