Life On The Murder Scene review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
My Chemical Romance: Life On The Murder Scene

I'm a big MCR fan and I bought this CD not out of expectation that it would be good, but 2 support the band. It turned out that the CD was a little less than spectacular. The Band in most of the songs sounded very well, and I really enjoyed the extra solos ray threw into the songs like the one during the final chorus of "Cemetary Drive". However, the 4 songs that were AOL sessions were a major disappointment. The instruments were not loud enough and gereads vocals left much to be desired. on a positive note though the unreleased track "Desert Song" was a very good song.

Gerard left me hangin on this CD. He was constantly out of breathe and he did a very poor job on the songs "Helena" and "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living". He didn't seem to have that intensity. It did briefly show through, an I do mean briefly, in "The Ghost Of You," but that one scream couldn't make up for the mediocre singing on the rest of the album. "Desert Song" did showcase his skills for the first 3/4 of the song, but at the end he was all out of breathe again.

Well I am a MCR fan and if you cut out the vocals on the CD it was for the most part alrite. I wouldn't recommend buying it for the CD portion, but dont let that stop you. The DVD's are both quite good so let that be your reason for buying the album. Hopefully MCR's next release shows a bit more promise.

mcr'slover4life
    to tose who hate mcr: you should give them all credit for the band saving so many lives. if they didn't have the band, they'd be dead, millions of people including me, would be dead. their music saves lives. who cares if they don't sound good live? (although they kick ass live) they saved lives. thats all that matters. if your depressed listen to any of their songs, it will make you put the knife down. trust me, it works!
    crash_course
    i only wish the reviewers talked about 'bury me in black' that song kicks ass go buy it download from itunes i dont care its great!
    mcrhines
    this is the best of all time..it inspired me to learn guitar and try to start a band..althgouh i suk...and the concert dvd is sick..best live band ever. our lad y of sorrows is to die for. best mosh song