Life On The Murder Scene review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
My Chemical Romance: Life On The Murder Scene

The live sound of My Chemical Romance are simply astounding to me. There aren't very many bands who can take their greatest works, and play them with an even better sound live, but MCR does this spectacularly. I especially like the studio-like absence of a cheering crowd in the background, to keep you focused on the music inself as opposed to the crowd screaming their lungs out as you try to distinguish the singing band from the singing audience.

I really like the fact that Gerard Way (lead singer), can throw in some random extra lyrics into the song when he's preforming them live, and still have the songs sound great. The lyrics are primarily the same as they are on the Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge and I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love albums, but like I said, with some spontaneous lyrics thrown in.

Not many artist out there have got their own live albums out, but I would definitely rate Life On The Murder Scene as one of the top live albums that I've heard. Personally I enjoy the unreleased Desert Song, and the Bury Me In Black demo. But the classics such as Helena, I'm Not Okay (I Promise), and Thank You For The Venom are all still phenomenal.

evill22
    SkinnyWhiteBoy wrote: Yeah, they've sucked live at every venue I've heard them at/from. They suck... big time... just as bad as Fall Out Boy (and that's saying alot).
    if you don't like the band, what are you doing looking at the reviews to their albums, you prick.