Life On The Murder Scene [DVD] review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
My Chemical Romance: Life On The Murder Scene [DVD]

Well disc 1 is basically just a bio so I cant judge on that one. Disc 2 on the other hand is full of live preformances, sessions at AOL, videos along with the making of the videos, and it also has the rare original version of "I'm Not Ok". Most of the preformances are solid. Gerard is known for jumping around and bobbing his head wich sometimes hinders his vocals. All in all I love the way the live preformances are put together and the fact that they play a lot of songs off their debut "I brought you my bullets". And to top it all off it has the unreleased track " The Desert Song".

Content — 10
This is where the DVD shines. Disc 1 is basically a document on the band as they grow from a little punk band ito one of the biggest bands in the world. It shows how with the exception of the Drummer (Bob) all the members of MCR are the original members and not some corprate band that was thrown together for money. It shows their very first preformances, Gerards alcohol abuse (there is actuall footage of him wated on most of the Warped Tour), the origins of there name, there influences (Iron Maiden, Misfits, Smiths, Black Flag ect.), recording both CD's, tours with Underoath, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, It even has cameos from the singer of Killswitch Engage and the Used. My personal favorite is the section on New Jersey (because I am from there) and the great pride they show in it. After all this you'll sit back and realize all the things you thought about MCR were mostly wrong. They have not changed a bit.

Production Quality — 8
Nothing fancy here. Good interviews and camrea work. The beging screan takes a while to get to playing point.

I loved this DVD. I recommend this to die hard fans and I also recommend it to people who think MCR are sell outs because you'll find that they are far from it.

Annie93
    To be honest, I was disappointed when I purchased Bullet In A Bible, because I expected an autobiography-type thing and I got a big live performance. I was a lot happier when I got Life On The Murder Scene-- March 23rd, because it was everything I hoped it would be and more. I bought both the day they came out, but LOTMS was definitely worth its wait.
    Noten_Kiste
    to be completely honest, i believe that MCR and other bands in this so-called hardcore genre are ruining a generation of music fans. Here are a few reasons: *marginal musical talent *rather pointless and stupid lyrical themes * i'm sorry to say but anyone who enjoys wearing eyeliner and looking like a fag obviously isn't completely concentrating completely on the musicical aspect of the band. i respect the fact that they're going out there and making music, but their music is rather unimpressive and boring. There. I gave some constructive criticism so that everyone out there who actually likes MCR can't bash me for bashing their favorite band.
    Geek_Aus
    i'm gonna get it. i only recently got into MCR. got 3 cheers for sweet revenge not too long ago..like it, so will be getting this.