Life On The Murder Scene [DVD] review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
My Chemical Romance: Life On The Murder Scene [DVD]

I love my chemical romance. I think that you definitely would have to be a fan to watch this DVD. The things such as the video diary will probably seem boring to non fans because it is 2 hours of them talking about themselves and the band. My Chemical romance has always had a very unique sound, so I couldn't really compare the to another band. This DVD mostly focuses on the "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" album, and My Chemical Romance around that time, however on the live performances, they did do some of their songs from their earlier album, "I Bought You My Bullets, You Bought Me Your Love."

Content — 10
The DVD is split into sections. there is the CD, which has live performances, aol sessions and never before heard songs, such as the demo version of "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living" and "The Desert Song" There is then a video diary, which is more of an autobiography, spoken by the band, but it isn't boring as there is other footage. There is then another part which has their music videos, live performances, the making of these music videos, and aol sessions. The three discs have everything a fan of My Chemical Romance fan coukd ever want. I am very happy about the playlists on the DVD and CD because it is not only some of the songs from "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" but it also has some okd songs. Many people accuse bands who bring out a DVD with a CD on it to just releasing their album twice. That does not apply for "Life On The Murder Scene" The CD that is included in this package has no songs on it that are the same from any of their albums. they are all live or from aol sessions, or special unheard songs. I am very satisfied with "Life On The Murder Scene" because it is much better than I thought it would be.

Production Quality — 9
Something that I do not understand about this DVD is that whenever I play it on my TV in my room it is in black and white. I changed it to the playstation 2 and it was again in black and white, but when I watched it downstairs, or another TV, it was in colour. This may not be the DVD it may be the televison, but I just thought it was strange. It was produced very well, because it just wasn't just them talking for two hours, they have found ways to keep the viewer entertained, because even though I am a huge fan of My Chemical Romance, watching for them for around four hours can get boring.

I think this DVD is pretty amazing. When I picked it up in the shop, the front cover kind of made me a bit weary of buying it (sort of the same front cover as "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" other then that instead of Gerard drawing it, it is real people, covered in blood). If you watch the whole of this DVD, will you will know anything and everything there is to know about my chemical romance. It will probably make you like them even more. What I particularly love about it is all of the funny bits in the video diary, such as the band messing about and having a fun time. What I don't really like about it is the fact that the video diary does drag on a bit. I am a devoted fan of MCR, and at some parts I got bored, I think that if a person who wasn't particulaly into my chemical romance would watch it they would probably get bored early and turn it off. And I would buy it again if it got lost and stolen, but it wouldn't be at the top of my list to buy it again.

Vin2254
    Noten_Kiste wrote: to be completely honest, i believe that MCR and other bands in this so-called hardcore genre are ruining a generation of music fans. Here are a few reasons: *marginal musical talent *rather pointless and stupid lyrical themes * i'm sorry to say but anyone who enjoys wearing eyeliner and looking like a fag obviously isn't completely concentrating completely on the musicical aspect of the band. i respect the fact that they're going out there and making music, but their music is rather unimpressive and boring. There. I gave some constructive criticism so that everyone out there who actually likes MCR can't bash me for bashing their favorite band.
    Yea, im sure calling someone a fag is very constructive. There guitarists ARE good. Better than most of the repetitive metal guitarists out there. They write songs with meaning, just because your either to young or shallow to see the real meaninng behind there songs doesnt mean there isnt any.As far being in it for the music.....did you even watch the F*cking dvd?
    xunholyknightx
    the dvd is awesome. if you wanna just talk about the band do it somewhere else. Don't sit there in you underwear and just look up bands you can criticise. Noten_Kiste : you say that we cant bash you for bashing them. kinda funny cause your whole shpeal about MCR was just putting them down and also just in that sentence you say that you bashed them so go get a job and dont put down people for how they dress cause that does not make them any meaner, nicer or anything
    punk_isntemo12
    ok lets just get one thing straight(s'cuze the pun) Gerard is gay? how come he has a girlf? just coz a guy wears eyeliner and wears stuff your average bloke wouldnt wear doesnt mean hes gay. and i think he looks good in it. i watched this dvd at my sisters, and loved it to bits. seriously. i broke the cover. mikeys voice is very relaxing, has anyone noticed? i could fall asleep to it, if i wasnt so busy staring at his face and going omg omg omg omg hes so hot!! aaannywho, good job MCR. you guys kick ass.
    I Walk Alone
    To be completely honest, I believe that UG Elitists are ruining a large sum of my IQ points. Here are a few reasons: *They spend time making fun of successful bands *They don't bother trying to actually listen to the lyrics and find out that just about everything they write is based upon something close to their hearts *I'm sorry to say this but trying to segregate people based on clothing and reduce freedom to choose bands obviously isn't concentrating on the actual music they play. Enjoy my constructive criticism?
    evill22
    omer5omer5 wrote: I think this album is useless. It has the same songs from the "Three Cheers Of Sweet Revenge" album except for a few new ones who are not really good. So all they are doing is selling the same album again. However, the dvd can be cool.
    they're the same songs, but they're preformed live. If u read the back of the case ull see that. just dont buy it if u dont want to hear tje live preformances.
    amen.to.music
    How come in almost every review, they say "If it were stolen I'd definitley go out and buy another copy." Get some originality people. And how come they compare this to only BIAB? I mean, someone compared it to one of Metallica's DVDs, but still. Compare it to others than just BIAB.
    mcr_rocker_2006
    i love my chem.!!!!! this is the dvd you should check out i bought it about more than a year ago.....bought it from my friend and i still dont get bored frm. it !!!!! fans enjoy them!!!!! and i soooo want to watch it again!!!!! o0o00o0o ill do that first thing tomorrow after school!!!!! LONG LIVE THE BLACK PARADE!!!!! ADD myspace.com/itz_jr