Life On The Murder Scene [DVD] Review

artist: My Chemical Romance date: 11/25/2006 category: compact discs
My Chemical Romance: Life On The Murder Scene [DVD]
Release Date: March 21, 2006
My Chemical Romance spreads its blood-soaked anguish and angst over a live album and DVD package that's spilling over with four-hours worth of rarities, demos, and live appearances.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 9.3
 8.3
 9.2
 7.3
Life On The Murder Scene [DVD] Reviewed by: x_rox, on april 04, 2006

Sound: This DVD is not another documentary which becomes tedious, it is a well-produced, good quality DVD. It had good variation with the 'Making ofs' and breaking up live performances with band commentary. The overall quality was not like the CD. Gerard tends to get out of breath and skip lines. The guitar production was full of energy and interaction with fans was brilliant. It was not like the CD but this is not a ban thing, it makes it more interesting. Overall, I'd say this is pretty damn good sounding. // 9

Overall Impression: What to compare this to? I suppose the video diary is like Metallica's 'Some Kind Of Monster'. The live performance kicks Bullet in a Bible's ass for the fact it is better produced and has more range. Don't get me wrong, BIAB is good, but it's not great. This DVD isn't fantastic but it's great. I hope that makes sense! The most impressive thing is variation and organisation. It's organised in such a way that it's hard to be bored. I like this DVD a lot, I can fault it for things such as maybe a bigger set list for lesser known songs or when Gerard stop singing it lets the quality down a bit. Besides those minor details, I love it. I would defintely buy another if it was stolen. // 9

Life On The Murder Scene [DVD] Reviewed by: flurgon, on april 04, 2006

Sound: Gerard Way (vocals) has a good voice but not all of it sounds exactly like the album verion, he would sometimes run out of breath and once he missed a line out of the song. Thier guitars were tuned perfectly and they played fantastic, the settings of the guitars aren't exactly like the album but in some cases it sounds better. The overall sound quality of the music was very good. The DVD was structured very well and didn't get boring. // 9

Overall Impression: This is a very good DVD, It has 10 times the amount of things on it than Bullet In The Bible. The biggest highlight on thier for me was the 2 hour long video diary. I love this DVD because if you ever here another thing about My Chemical Romance you already know because its all on thier. But saying that I hate that the cover is more like a CD because it can get damaged easily. If it were stolen I would definetely go out and buy another copy. // 9

Life On The Murder Scene [DVD] Reviewed by: Vin2254, on july 13, 2006

Sound: Well disc 1 is basically just a bio so I cant judge on that one. Disc 2 on the other hand is full of live preformances, sessions at AOL, videos along with the making of the videos, and it also has the rare original version of "I'm Not Ok". Most of the preformances are solid. Gerard is known for jumping around and bobbing his head wich sometimes hinders his vocals. All in all I love the way the live preformances are put together and the fact that they play a lot of songs off their debut "I brought you my bullets". And to top it all off it has the unreleased track " The Desert Song". // 9

Overall Impression: I loved this DVD. I recommend this to die hard fans and I also recommend it to people who think MCR are sell outs because you'll find that they are far from it. // 9

Life On The Murder Scene [DVD] Reviewed by: joannamcbeth, on november 25, 2006

Sound: I love my chemical romance. I think that you definitely would have to be a fan to watch this DVD. The things such as the video diary will probably seem boring to non fans because it is 2 hours of them talking about themselves and the band. My Chemical romance has always had a very unique sound, so I couldn't really compare the to another band. This DVD mostly focuses on the "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" album, and My Chemical Romance around that time, however on the live performances, they did do some of their songs from their earlier album, "I Bought You My Bullets, You Bought Me Your Love." // 9

Overall Impression: I think this DVD is pretty amazing. When I picked it up in the shop, the front cover kind of made me a bit weary of buying it (sort of the same front cover as "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" other then that instead of Gerard drawing it, it is real people, covered in blood). If you watch the whole of this DVD, will you will know anything and everything there is to know about my chemical romance. It will probably make you like them even more. What I particularly love about it is all of the funny bits in the video diary, such as the band messing about and having a fun time. What I don't really like about it is the fact that the video diary does drag on a bit. I am a devoted fan of MCR, and at some parts I got bored, I think that if a person who wasn't particulaly into my chemical romance would watch it they would probably get bored early and turn it off. And I would buy it again if it got lost and stolen, but it wouldn't be at the top of my list to buy it again. // 7

Comments