Na Na Na review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Sep 28, 2010
My Chemical Romance: Na Na Na

My chemical romance have never tried to be like anyone else, though perhaps people have tried to copy them, but no one ever really pulled it off. The bands guitar shreds, drum beat and genius lyrics are very much their own. However, Gerard and the band, did have some difficulty after the Black parade. They were blamed and condemned for apparently causing people to commit suicide and wear dark clothes sometimes ending up with people being beaten up - but how can it all be down to My Chemical Romance, there seems like there is very little logic in the hate mail My Chemical Romance received. This took a heavy toll on the band and so did the album with the make-up and costumes, the death related lyrics, Mikey himself suffered with depression, so when it came to making a new album they weren't sure whether My Chemical Romance could carry on. They set out rules for themselves restricting their musical talents. Then when Gerard went with his family to the desert he wrote 'na na na' which gave the band the freedom they needed to carry on as My Chemical Romance...

Gerard is a very skilled lyricist, his lyrics have always had an effect on the listener that very few people can pull-off, and you can tell how passionate about music Gerard is. The whole theme of their new album (out nov. 22nd) is to add a bit of colour to the world after all the black, this song is fun and exciting, the lyrics are ones you have to learn and scream to the rest of the world. The Dark lyrics of the Black Parade and Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge are making way for the new rioting songs - though I doubt anyone will forget the previous powerful albums.

Giving the fans a taster of the new album has set the fans wanting more - wanting the album now! The bright clothes they wear, the whole theme of superheroes with guns - the fabulous killjoys, and the new music sets the stage for my Chemical Romance to let it all out and come back with a LOUD bang after 4 years from their new album. My Chemical Romance are back and ready to ROCK!

Gatrie
    kamjam7
    the song is ok... their new image is TERRIBLE! They've seemed to really stray more than they have from bullets to revenge to tbp, and this one looks like they're straying for worse...
    disembodied
    my chem cant be happy happy joy joy. they cant. they will lose there entire fanbase i think.
    MCRMY119
    Being an MCR fan, I was sort of disappointed by the more mainstream sound of this song...I kept comparing it to All American Rejects, until I listened to it a few more times. The song has its own sound compared to their other work, though the song is decidedly more mainstream, the thought of the rest of the album makes me happy.
    brighteyes577
    First Line.
    My chemical romance have never tried to be like anyone else,
    Are you serious? They've tried desperately to imitate their influences such as Nirvana and Queen, and various 70's punk/metal bands to name a few. Have you seen the video for "Teenagers"? The whole point of it was to imitate Smells Like Teen Spirit basically. The first line makes me not even want to read the rest of this eccentric fanboy review.
    brighteyes577
    After I read the rest of it, I felt like I just had a magazine advertisement for the new album shoved down my throat. Your review gave no concrete information or useful criticism at all, basically it was "I LOVE MCR NEW SONG AWESOME WIKIPEDIA PAGE SED HE WUZ DEPRESSED AND KIDZ DEPRESSED TEW BUT MCR ROX!"
    The Spoon
    I really like the lyrics in this song. I find Gerard Way has his moments with his lyrics. I usually enjoy the image he paints with them. The guitar work on this song is not really that great though. It's not very unique or thoughtful, but it does work with the song. Vocals are the highlight. But hopefully the rest of the album is more impressive instrumentally.
    "My chemical romance have never tried to be like anyone else" i stopped reading after that sentence. their entire last cd ripped off everyone from queen to billy ray cyrus.
    squallstrife111
    i used to like MCR but grew out of them very quickly..... I'd like to say that i WANT to listen to this new song but im very sceptical about it being any good... but like everyone else has said this review is incredibly badly written with little to no information on the actual song itself...
    nobody12
    BassDante
    terrible song review as it read like a advertisement a bad one at best, trying to get people to listen to it.
    K!!LsWiTcH
    nobody12 wrote: HellFury wrote: @Gatrie A welcome change from the people on Ultimate Guitar, who think that good music is music where there's no max to the amount of guitars and distortion and impossible guitar solos. Some people have a different musical taste, live with it. Though, liking this song 'Na Na Na' I wouldn't rate it a 9.3... There's a lot they could've done that would make this song better. Honestly and compared to previous MCR's works, it feels like a rush job. i would like to point out its called ultimate- guitar.com, not emo pop guitar.com
    i really don't know where people got the notion that ultimate actually meant metal...anyways this review is terrible. i stopped reading when the sound section didnt describe the sound but described band history. after reading the rest, it reads like a really really REALLY poorly put together puff piece
    jm911
    a totally biased review by an obviously die-hard fan of mcr. he's one of those mcr fans that think mcr is a perfect band. i like the fact that they went with colorful in the new album after all the darkness in the previous albums. its a change that makes sense.
    DJ Whittaker
    irtiqaevox
    man...their best album was the one that even 50% of DIE HARD MCR FANS somehow don't even know exists =S "you brought me your love, i brought you my bullets". three cheers was alright, but black parade was garbageee. its at that album that mcr dropped off the face of the earth. i remember die hard fans here complaining about the album. as for the song...well...no.
    EpiExplorer
    DJ Whittaker wrote: HellFury wrote: @Gatrie A welcome change from the people on Ultimate Guitar, who think that good music is music where there's no max to the amount of guitars and distortion and impossible guitar solos. Some people have a different musical taste, live with it. Though, liking this song 'Na Na Na' I wouldn't rate it a 9.3... There's a lot they could've done that would make this song better. Honestly and compared to previous MCR's works, it feels like a rush job. Top 5 most popular chords/tabs on ultimate guitar at the minuate: 1. Bruno Mars 2. Paramore 3. Jeff Buckley 4. Bruno Mars (again) 5. Led Zeppelin Enough Said.
    Using tab ratings is not as effective or as accurate as you think. Nowhere near so, infact.
    reaper_x
    consecutive e wrote: This isn't a review, it's an advertisment.
    This, lol. My Chem have always been interesting. Controversy always followed them everywhere and bands always called them out. As for the song, it reminds me of Three Cheers. I can't wait for the record. Even though I've grown out of them a tad, haha.
    SGofawesome
    Wow, I didn't even know MCR was still around anymore...well, there's another album to forever sit in the dark abyss known as "the back shelf".
    disembodied
    ShaDoW0lf wrote: Age. Limit. For. Reviewers. Please. - This article reeks of prepubescence. How's about letting someone with a little more maturity handle the reviewing, hmm?
    agreed.
    ShaDoW0lf
    HellFury
    BenjoJames
    Gatrie wrote: This review, IMHO, is totally biased. In HIS world, there are no flaws and Gerard is the law. Pfft.
    True. Not the most well written review either.
    Underjoggle
    nigga best be trollin
    Skinny91
    Agree'd on that the review wasn't very well written, grammatically and that there should have more fact and less opinion. On the song, I really enjoy it, I thought the video was really cool as well. I like the way they have gone the opposite of The Black Parade and have are more upbeat, but still have a good energy. I hope the album sticks to form.
    hammerhead_500
    Underjoggle wrote: They were blamed and condemned for apparently causing people to commit suicide and wear dark clothes nigga best be trollin
    haha foo you gots no idea
    loz4
    This review is very bias for start. Gerard is a good writer of lyrics but is not a "Very skilled lyricist". This review is obviously written by a MCR fanboy and shouldn't be taken seriously. 2 fanboy quotes coming up!! "Though I doubt anyone will forget the previous powerful albums". "MCR are back and ready to rock". Fanboy your not welcome to write reviews
    TCPirate
    I used to really like MCR, then I thought that black parade was terrible and this made me hate them, but I have high hopes for their new album, it's sound more like Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, which is a lot better than it sounding like The Black Parade.
    lextexrex
    I wanted to know the age of the person that wrote this review but apparently she won't be born for another 20 years. =P
    nivlarama
    This fanboy is totally sucking off Gerard Way. Being a former MCR fan, I can surely say that this new single doesn't meet the essence of previous songs. I've always been confused at the image MCR has tried to show. But I enjoyed the Black Parade as an album, if it weren't for an entire image to accompany it. Though nothing is quite like their first album.
    tdsr93
    I love their first 3 albums, and from what I've heard of the new album, I can safely assume I'll like Danger Days just as much as their old work. But this review SUCKS.
    thePTOD
    In my opinion, MCR and especially Gerard Way are like the 'emo' kid you have in your class that always has a compulsive need to tell everyone that they're emo.
    robbit
    I was in a band that wrote a song with that exact same riff and vocals like 3 years ago. It was on our myspace but then we took it down because it sucked. That said, theirs is worse.
    ChucklesMginty
    Stopped reading there.
    NemX162
    I miss Three Cheers... Not saying they should dwell on that sound forever, but I feel that the direction they've gone in is just uninspired, and borderline annoying. Songs like "I Never Told You What I Do for a Living" epitomize what MCR should be.