The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

First off: totally different from their first two albums. I was simply awestruck by how much they changed. I think they lost their emoness. The album is supposedley about a cancer patient who dies and goes over his life and the decisions he's made and the regrets he's had. The guitarists have become much better, and you can tell. There's some pretty good solos in this CD. Like always, the music is very interesting and some tracks are really really catchy. Each track has it's own unique style.

Gerard's voice on this album is much more restrained than in the previous albums (thank God). Less of that all out scream, more actual singing. The singing and the guitars in this album completely complement eachother. Everything fits together perfectly. The lyrics in themselves are pretty good. The songs make sense now, unlike in Three Cheers where they were saying things like avenging ghosts and whatnot. I'm not gonna go look up what that means.

This album is seriously really great. It's really different from Bullets and Revenge. I don't know whether that good or bad, it's a matter of personal opinion. It takes some getting used to, I had to listen to the whole album a few times to really appreciate it. After I did, I realized how much I liked it. I love the fact that each song is unique in it's subject matter and style. The whole band has improved so much, and rob did a great job producing. This is definetly one of my favorite albums. You have to hear it for yourself to understand. Go buy it, download it, borrow from a friend, or whatever. It's worth it.