The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

My Chemical Romance. A lot of things to say about them. First off, Gerard Way's singing is pretty awesome. He add's a few more notes to his vocal range this time. Ray and Frank are amazing guitarists. This album isn't as hardcore as 3 Cheers 4 Sweet Revenge. The styles of the CD would have to be emo and post-hardcore. The first song on the album is The End. It's a very short song, just a measley minute and 52 secs. It leads into Dead! You can imagine what this song's about. Song number 3 is This Is How I Disappear. Pretty good intro. Slows down with the guitar in the first verse then picks right back up. The fourth song is The Sharpest Lives. Pretty good. Cool guitar effects on some parts. Song # 5 is Welcome To The Black Parade, the first single off the cd. Good drums, good guitar and well, bass. Gerard's lyrics are awesome on this song. Probably the least emo song on the album. I Don't Love You is the 6th song. The most emo song on the album. Pretty good guitar. Very repetitve lyrics. Like when you go, would even turn to say, I don't love you, like I did, yesterday. Anyway, moving on. 7th song called House Of Wolves. Amazing intro. Outstanding chorus. Song number 8 is called Cancer. Has nothing to do with cancer. This one's a piano driven song. 9th song is called Mama. Weird guitar, but cool. Weakest song on the CD. Sleep is the next one. Has a weird voice coming from a tape recorder it sounds like. The intro has the voice and a piano. The verse has some acoustic guitar and piano again. Teenagers is kinda funny and very true. Cool guitar in this song. Good drums in this one too. Disenchanted is the 12th song cool acoustic guitar and pretty good lyrics. Famous Last Words is the 13th song on the cd. Again good guitar. Gets better in the middle of the verse. Blood is the last song and it's also an extra song. Has about a minute of silence. Has a cool piano.

Very emo lyrics. I don't really mind but some people might. If you don't like emo anything, this album is not for you. This band is not really for you then. Gerard Way's ability to write lyrics is very cool. Every CD he comes up with something new, even if it's just on one song.

It doesn't really compare to MCR's other album's because this is not as hardcore as 3 Cheers or You Brought Me Your Bullets. It's probably the most emo out of them all. If this CD was lost or stolen I would deffinitely dish out the 12 bucks I paid for another one.