The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

My Chemical Romance have to be one of the best bands around today. Their previous albums rocked us all and now they're back (not that they ever went away) to do it all over again with their new album 'The Black Parade'. 'The Black Parade' has to be, well for me anyway, the best album that's come out so far this year. My Chemical Romance have a great sound unlike any other band that's around today, it's truly unique. The album has some songs that are quite slow which shows that My Chemical Romance are trying to broaden the range of styles that they use, although this has come up in some of their earlier albums.

The lyrics on this album are superb and obviously well thought through. In 'Welcome To The Black Parade' the lyrics tell the story of a person looking back on their childhood and remembering their father. These excellent lyrics are supported by an superb melody. I think the build up in the intro is particularly effective. Gerrard Way's voice just fits perfectly with the song. I think that maybe the band's childhood and thier experiences as children feature in the lyrics of the songs.

No album is perfect but this ones not far off. The range of excellent songs including 'Welcome To The Black Parade', 'I Don't Love You' and 'Dead!' just makes you want to listen to it all the time. The thing that I think is the best about this album is the quality of the songs. I'm sure there are bad points about the album but I can't find any at the moment. It's a truly amazing album and I'm sure it will go down with the best albums in rock like: Appetite For Destruction, Guns N' Roses, Back In Black, AC/DC and Master Of Puppets, Metalica. It's a must have for your CD rack.