The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

You all are in for a pleasent surprise. The sound of this album is very very different than Bullets and Revenge, but as addicting. It's a more grown-up, put together sound that you wouldn't know they could achieve. Ten years from now, looking back at this album, it will seem more like a Pink Floyd or Queen rather than the new infatuating band everyone had suddenly caught onto. The first listen of this CD pulls you in and won't let you go for a very long time. Very catchy and out there.

The lyrics have improved a lot in my opinion (and I adore every lyric MCR has written). They are harsher in a way that they don't say "He stabbed me, the blood came out, this was the worst pain ever," but more like when you hear the lyrics, they mean something and it's raw, the emotion they set in you. The lyrics fit the sound of the songs very well. You find yourself singing along after hearing only one verse. Gerard's voice has matured in this cd. He has the talent where he can sing as he usually does, scream out in passion with raw emotion (as I said before), and make himself sound like a completely different person while still keeping his style. Amazing.

You can't say this album better or worse than it's older siblings. The change of pace truly makes this a different band singing this brand new style. As far as a concept album, that is a bit sketchy. You really only see the connection in half the songs, much like Revenge's concept of the man and woman in love dealing with the devil. Song's that I say are my favorites (every one is amazing, by the way) would be: "This is How I Disappear", "The Sharpest Lives", "I Don't Love You", "Welcome To The Black Parade" (obviously), "Mama" (soooo different, you will be stunned), "Teenagers", "Disenchanted", "Famous Last Words" and you will definately laugh your ass off at the end when you hear 'Blood'. I'm not sure if I should say any more about that. Great humor on the serious concept of the album. Once you have this cd, you will have and love it forever. Happy listening!