The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

The sound of this album is definatly overwhelming and powerful. Even the slowest, softest songs on the CD like Cancer and I Don't Love You have a unique sound that captivates you and makes want to listen more. Unlike The Black Parade, Three Cheers didn't really have that sort of feeling. Then you go into songs like Dead!, House Of Wolves and Mama that are intense and have a distinct sound that resembles Three Cheers and Bullets. In most of the songs you can understand the story being told of "The Patient" and where his life is at that point. I think their sound was good to begin with, but totally improved by a thousand percent.

Cancer's lyrics are incredible! They are emotional and touch on the subject of cancer maturely. I get choked up everytime I hear them. Also, the way Gerard sings it softly during some parts and then intensly during others is genius, you really get a feel for the song. I think Gerard's voice mixed with the lyrics is awesome. MCR wouldn't be MCR without Gerard's voice.

My favorite album, my favorite band! The most impressive songs on the album would defiantly be Cancer, Welcome to the Black Parade, Mama, Dead!, and Sleep. I love the thematic elements in the songs. The album has a song for almost every subject and they all make sense! I acually don't hate anything about it. If anyone stole my CD then I would go out and buy a new one, fast, cause I absolutly love this CD. You MUST go buy this CD, it is extremly exceptional! Even if you're not an MCR fan, I assure you that you will be turned into one once you pop this CD into your CD player.