The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

I am a big fan of my chemical romance. I've followed since the first. and you can tell from the difference between Bullets and Revenge that the third album is also going to have a different sound. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little dissappointed when I heard "Welcome To The Black Parade" but that may be because I was expecting something similar to Three Cheers, which I shouldn't have done. The band has matured a little more in this album, and the music is very good. But it takes a little getting use to to fully appreciate it's new sound. But I only had to listen to it three times before I was singing along. I like the piano and the guitar. I love how in welcome to the black parade it's like a march. It's very unique. Each song has it's only style too; keeping the album interesting. And it's a concept album, which is hard to do. But it's an awesome album, the music is great. I love how in mama it sounds very old fashion Italian-like. Effing awesome sound.

The lyrics are more meaningful, and Gerard's voice goes great with them. And there are rounds and harmonies which sound pretty damn awesome. It's a more realistic album than three cheers, which was very fictional, while this album was based off more real life. And Liza Manelli does the mother war voice in Mama. It's very interesting. There's no insane screaming or anything, which is good. It suits the album greatly. Gerard's voice sounds oh so lovely.

I think this is probably their best album yet. I love everything about it the album. Probably my four favorite songs are Dead!, The Sharpest Lives, House Of Wolves and Mama. I love how in sleep it's got the guy's recording playing about his night terrors. I got the limited edition but I'm gonna buy the regular album just cause I want the case. Go buy it. It's very lovely. I guarantee you'll enjoy it if you're a loyal MCR fan like me.

dain84
    Cameloxen wrote: Evan_lesPaul wrote: i hate these reviews on UG. its always done by a die hard fan who would never admit if they had done anything shitty. This is true, sure, it may be better than their last album, but they have by no means made history. Not a single modern band can ever make history now. The history makers were bands like the Beatles, Led Zep, Jethro Tull, Elton John and Billy joel so on and so forth. The big megastars, the ones that changed rock and roll! Bob Dylan! The world stage is too crowded with dramatically commercialised artists. I mean EVERYONE. So, i suggest that anyone calling any modern band a history-maker, shuld look at some of the old stuff, where GENRES were being CREATED. Nowdays, bands seek to categorise themselves. Lets take them for more than face value, then maybe we will have superstars. The biggest Bands of today are Coldplay Red Hot Chilli Peppers U2 Meatloaf Killers Scissor Sisters
    God you're stupid. History can be made, and so can new genres. The reason you don't know what a new genre sounds like is because it DOESN'T EXIST YET.
    theTh1rt3enth_1
    Okay. So about emos. Yeah, they set themselves up to be made fun of. I mean, in today's society where dressing femininely is transitioning between crusifixion and actually being acceptable, they're going to be made fun of. It is inevitable. I say give it another thirty-fifty years, no one will care anymore. But anyway. Everyone is a little bit emo. Every person that has ever felt angry, depressed, or lonely about something going wrong in their life has experience an "EMOment". The difference is the way you express it. And by simple human nature, the reactions aren't that different. So everyone, let the emos cut themselves, don't encourage them. It's the people like you whose fault it is that suicide is the 3rd main cause of death in Americans between the ages of 16 and 24.
    theTh1rt3enth_1
    stoney920 wrote: shossni wrote: This is a piece of shit band... their second album was much better... Headfirst for Halos and songs like that... that guy that commented, jetfuel495... this album has EMO all over it, and the guitars are the same, always been good.. and yes, no bass at all.. "The Black Parade" is sang like shit, and mixes punk and EMO.. =BAD!!... lyrics sounds Nazi, so does the cover look Nazi.."The Black Parade".. fascists in black shirts.. "destroy the unfaithful" c'mon... this is commercial music that ****s up kids everywhere... and that guy who said "MTV Band=nono" you're the greatest.. u'r rite.. This band has gone in decline, and headfirst to a big pile of shit.. where it's full of bands like Green Day...
    Lmao. I think these people are so funny. This person probably wasted at least 30 minutes thinking up possible ways they could bash MCR. All I have to say: Go get a job or something, y'know, real to do.
    psycho78
    I like this album, but not as much as the other 2, Bullets in particular. There are a few really good songs-Sharpest Lives, How I Disappear, Disenchanted. I love MCR a lot, but don't think they're the best band ever. That title belongs to Black Sabbath, Metallica or Zeppelin, depending what mood you catch me in. Today it's Sabbath.
    gsh43
    ok, i just have a question for everyone who is dissing the band.....why are u looking at the bands review if u hate them. also, theTh1rt3ent_1 has the best comment i have ever seen. and i agree. MCR rocks.
    gsh43
    oh ya and by the way, 93 people have dissised this band. and yes, i counted.
    WhereArtEsteban
    honestly dude...shut up ive never heard such an ignorant rant in my life. You have no idea what you are talking about. You say it ****s peoples lives up then why do i know many people say that MCR saved their lives. (not literally but you get the point) Suprisingly amazing album from a band that I think is overplayed. Glad to see they didn't really let the money and fame get to them and still crank out an original record.
    Amuro Jay
    all i got to say for these haters- check the reviews from: entertainment weekly NME IGN all music guide kerrang guardian unlimited and rolling stone now, about the people who actually have lives pathetic enough to look up reviews from a band they dont even like. wtf are you doing here? does bashing make u feel better about urself? take ur one inch somewhere else. reviews are meant to be by the fans (or professional critics) for the fans.