The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

My Chemical Romance's Black Parade is a mixture of awesome intense lyrics and vocals, sweet guitar riffs and solos, along with very theatrical piano, trumpets, and I think even accordian in one song. This CD is so awesome, the overall sound seem much more filtered through for a more clean sound, but still obtains MCR's raw intensity. I really like the diversity in each song that they are all very different and yet all very brilliant, definetly some of MCR's best work.

The Lyrics in The Black Parade are some of the best I've ever heard. Gerard bluntly lays out much of the lyrics, and in some songs very poeticly, like "Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands, drop the dagger and lather the blood on your hands, Romeo" The lyrics in this CD were not thrown together with no thought like some of the crap you hear today. The lyrics are probably one of my favorite things in this CD.

Overall this CD is awesome, but I already know that, you need to go buy it and listen to it. You may have to listen through once or twice at least to truly get the effect of the CD, but this is definetly worth it. My favortite song on the album would have to be The Sharpest Lives or Dead, but the whole CD is good. I would definetly buy it again if it was lost or stolen. Buy The CD!

Zakkmann
    i dont think theyre sell outs and all that shit but i think they have progressivly gotten worse since their first album. the first album was ****ing amazing, and since then theyve gotten more and more pop.
    theguitarist
    jetfuel495 wrote: all i got to say for these haters- check the reviews from: entertainment weekly NME IGN all music guide kerrang guardian unlimited and rolling stone
    To be honest, most people can agree that those publications are kinda full of crap. Anyway, I'm not so sure about the album. I did have a good listen to Three Cheers, and I nearly bought it, but the new album doesn't quite do it for me. Checked/Deleted.
    smash.guitar
    cleft11 wrote: you ****ing bastard. you dare diss dragonforce again and ill get your shitty black parade album so far up our ass only gerard way can wail it out for you. got it? freak
    Woo! go you, Dragonforce rock! Going to see em live sooooon Yeah i still like MCR tho, the new album does lack it's punky edge i have to admit, their first album has always been the best!
    zippidyduda
    shossni wrote: This is a piece of shit band... their second album was much better... Headfirst for Halos and songs like that... that guy that commented, jetfuel495... this album has EMO all over it, and the guitars are the same, always been good.. and yes, no bass at all.. "The Black Parade" is sang like shit, and mixes punk and EMO.. =BAD!!... lyrics sounds Nazi, so does the cover look Nazi.."The Black Parade".. fascists in black shirts.. "destroy the unfaithful" c'mon... this is commercial music that ****s up kids everywhere... and that guy who said "MTV Band=nono" you're the greatest.. u'r rite.. This band has gone in decline, and headfirst to a big pile of shit.. where it's full of bands like Green Day...
    Yeah, Im sure this album has ruined many a life... Lyrics sound Nazi? Have tou ever heard any Nazi lyrics. Neither have I. That analogy made absolutely NO sense whatsoever. Also, the lyrics do nothing or say nothing racist, sexist, persecuting, or anything else offensive. They are quite good, if you ever take the time to bother listening to them, especially in the song Welcome to the Black Parade. You, sir, are a moronic dipshit. Thanks for reading!