The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

Where can I begin? This album is amazing! I've only heard a couple of songs from 3 cheers but to me this album is totally different. It's got a lot of great solo's and some great riffs and tabs aswell. The guitars and the lyrics make the story the album tells come to life. It's like listening to a great novel!

The lyrics in the black parade make sense most of the time. They describe a lot of emotions and feelings that the story's cancer patient is feeling. The music and the lyrics go together really well. All the sad and slow songs do make you feel sad. There is a real feel of emotion in the lyrics. In this album Gerard doesn't do any of his mad shouting he did in 3 cheers. Some how I think this is for the better. Overall great lyrics!

This album sounds totally different to 3 cheers. The band seemed to have matured I suppose and increased their usage of hard guitar. The drums as well to me have become more impressive. Welcome to the black parade is one of the best songs off the album but Dead! and House of wolves are good head banging tracks. The best slower song on the album is Disenchanted. There are a few different styles in this album but they manage to keep te rock there in all the tracks. This album is seriously a must have! It's great!

topdawg84
    Kiotaka wrote: topdawg84 wrote: everyone listen up, there is nothin wrong about emos at all. so all u rednecks can shut the f*** up about them. whenever i actually read reviews and stuff for bands like mcr, thats all i ever see is "emos are gay" or "emos must die". but u can all go 2 hell. i'm not emo, but you all need to loosen up for the love of god! if u dont like the damn music, then keep it 2 urself and don't post shit about people who like this kind of music. will ppl ever learn? Thank god people aren't as dumb as I thought!
    thanks
    Mcrfan1992
    tommy gosh wrote: the sharpest lives, house of wwolves, cancer and mama are 4 reasons why mcr is better then nirvanna. Kurt cobain sounded like a dying frog anyway
    dude shut up. no one cares about your opinion. there are billions of people in the world and u are one... im pretty sure not many people care about your opinion... show a little respect for the dead...
    nerk13
    That single is really awesome. The video's pretty interesting too. Anyone know the reason for the bands sudden new look?