The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

This album sounds really different to their first two, it completely took be my surprise. Having listened to their last two albums, I was expecting another emo/punk album like three cheers for sweet revenge. Although it's not that, what it is is spectacular. It would be fair to say that this sounds like Queen and nothing else. They say themseves that they have gone for a stadium sound, and although people have given them stick for it, personally I think it's brilliant. I don't think I can give it a ten, as there are some points that don't quite give it 10, but it's fair to say that this record is better than all their others put together.

The lyrics to this album give out some really important messages. You have welcome to the black parade, about never giving up on what you believe, cancer being about the disease in general(it actually made my friend cry), you then have famous last words, telling people how they wont take any shit and once again not giving up on your dreams and then to top it all of you have teenagers, which is not about teenagers in general but chavs, which is a pretty awesome song and the lyrics top it off. I could read the lyrics to this whole album over and over again and never get tired of it.

It's an awesome album, I think I'm just gonna do the things it tells you to here because I can't think of anything else. I think it compares to other artists extrememly well, I can't say I've really heard anything like it. It's my favourite album for a long while. I think that the best songs from the album would have to be dead, disenchanted, house of wolves, I don't love you and welcome to the black parade. However being a guitar player I really like to play sleep. I love everything about it, there's nothing I don't like, it's that good and finally if it got stolen or lost, I'd re-buy it the next day.

vanceboy
    Adamantium
    vanceboy wrote: adamanta is a complete retarded fool. who the hell talks about aliens and bush, when we're writing comments on MCR. Your opinion is worthless, weak, and downright retarded. Please shoot yourself, that way the "aliens" won't have to worry about your bitching. anyway, I think their new album is decent, though not the best this year. Pretty catchy overall, and I don't especially pay attention to the lyrics, and really don't care if they're emo or not. It's funny, cuz i listen a lot to Dragonfroce, Metallica, MCR, Bob Marley, Sublime, Slightly Stoopid, Led Zeppelin, and appreciate all of them for what they are worth.
    wait, who's the stupid one? did you read what i said? somethin about "of course, aliens comin isn't likely to happen... BUT THE POINT IS THAT MUSIC SUCKS NOWADAYS." i was makin a point man, show some intelligence and argue the point, not the means i used to make a point. f*ckin' dipshit. well, nvm, i guess i should be sayin sorry right? you obviously got your feelings hurt. damn baby.
    azureXsmurF
    well if aliens are most likely not coming, then the point is moot, is it not? just playing devil's advocate... i really have no opinion on the matter I like all genres of rock music.
    Adamantium
    by the way, TO VANCEBOY: if you're gonna bash me for the way i make a point but ignore the points i made, i just realized, i'm totally fine with it. obviously, that's the only way you feel like you can prove me wrong, which is a stupid ploy to boost your own self esteem, but hey, i guess ignorance is bliss right? so go on now and have fun being blissful when you're back from la-la land, prove i'm an idiot by actually adressing my points as opposed to DODGING THEM LIKE A LITTLE CHILD WHO CAN'T COME UP WITH A DECENT ARGUEMENT SO HE TRIES TO INSULT ME UPON NO GROUNDS. seriously man, what are your motives for callin me retarded eh? that i mentioned aliens and bush? oh, ok, i guess it's okay then... because being that YOU'RE the complete retard i can't expect you to have any grounds behind your arguement.
    PinkFloydrulez
    Adamantium
    PinkFloydrulez wrote: I can't wait to get this cd. I hate myself for being so stupid and close minded in past times but whatever. We need a mod in this place to clear out all this flaming and shit man... chill your pills all you grumpy grills. My Chemical Romance =/= emo Music does not suck these days, just most of what is on the tv and radio suck. It's amazing the things you'll see if you open your eyes and LOOK. If you don't like it: don't listen to it, don't go the the band, album, or song page and make dumbass comments and start up flame wars, just stick with the stuff you like and don't be a dick about things. fasiofoawifjiwjfioasaskjf sevenfioasjfiowj
    i wasn't trying to flame anybody, then somebody called me a retard. so yea, thanks for buttin in without knowin what the hell you're talkin about.
    PinkFloydrulez
    What makes you think I was talking just about you? There's been plenty of flaming throughout the whole thing. Chill man. btw, question: what is your name from? Whenever I see "adamantium" I always think of Morrowind but the chances of me finding someone else who likes that game have always been very small haha
    Adamantium
    aright man, sorry, i get defensive sometimes, hence the flaming of people who call me a retard. but yea, haven't heard of that game.