The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

This album rocks! My Chemical Romance, the typical emo band, completely changed their sound with this album. "Welcome To The Black Parade" totally put My Chemical Romance on the other side of their music. People can listen to this album without hearing MCR's past sounds. It is completely different. This album will lead this upcoming band into the stardome they deserve.

The lyrics, like the sound, has changed alot. They lost their emoness that was exhibited in their past albums. No more death songs. Their lyrics are perfect for the mood they were trying to set for this album. They also go really well with the music and the rhythm.

The overall impression I have on this album is a good one. MCR has been around for about 6 years. They have had their moments of triumph with their music, but the fame was never that big. Sure they have millions of dollars and billboards are up everywhere portraying their tour, only a select few ever listened to them as regulars. This opininon is contrived from my experience in my cities and friends. This album has put MCR at the top. It has made their music something of a story, a journey. From a emo band in a garage to a multi-million fan based band of great lyrics portraying the life and death journey of our adventours in music.

Stachel
    Ilove MCR and i love the black parade but i but the other two albums are better.the lyrics doesnt touch like the other did("i never told u what i do for a living","vampiers will never hurt u",...).And i miss the screaming like in "honey,this mirror..." and people,it doesnt matter if they are emo or not...their music is great!