The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

On this CD the sound differs from their first two drastically. The guitars sound more like rock instead of the wierd finger picking and hammer ons they used on three cheers for sweet revenge. Ray and frank did some crazy solos on this CD and that's probably the first thing that struck me. The song Dead! really surprised me because I didn't see my chem doing anything like that on three cheers for sweet revenge. Bob Bryar definetly improved on his drums and threw in some crazy fillsalong wiht a really cool jazz-type beat on "house of wolves". Mikey seemed a little bit up staged by the big thatrics of frank and ray. There's no true bass solos on this cd. Gerard Way blew my mind out on this album. There's harmonies stacked to eternity and it's not like he just went in the studio and made up the notes. They seemed carefully planned like on "The Sharpest Lives" where he whispers then goes into a two part harmony. Overall the sound is more theatrical and arena ready then the first two albums.

The lyrics on this are way better. They have a meaning to them or are just really cool. On Dead! in the end he's singing la la la la la but in the background he says "If love is just a joke then why are we living." The lyrics are really cool over all, especially on emotional tracks liek "Cancer" and "Mama" when he gets into them and you can feel how much his mom hates him. And on "Famous Last Words" when they sing about living on and never giving up, they have a messageg unlike three cheers when they tlak about kisses from serpents and bloody swords. Overall they're perfect.

I was blown away by this album and quickly it turned into one of my favorite cds. The best tracks I think are "Dead!" "This Is How I Dissappear", "Welcome To The Black Parade," "Hous Of Wolves," "Sleep" and "Famous Last Words". If someone jacked me up and took my compact disc I would buy about 5 more copies just to make sure I never go without having one.

drummerdude92
    FreedomFighter wrote: I was never a huge fan of My Chemical Romance, but this album completely blew me away! It's amazing! Every track on there is brilliant and unique in their own way. I agree that there needs to be more bass, but the guitar solo's! Brian May would be proud. I hardly think their emo anymore. They've grown some balls and turned into a proper creative musical band. This is a concept album to be proud of, unlike American Idiot.
    You took the words out of my mouth. My chemical romance are awesome now, my brother bought the album and i wasnt really interested in them from their otehr songs but this album is just amazing! i wouldnt listen to the other album for anything but i cant stop listening to this one. "This is how i dissapear" and "the sharpest lives" are my favourites. i would reccomend this album to anyone, and dont judge it on the song "welcome to the black parade". rock on
    autistic_spider
    I didn't reallt care for the song welocome to the black parade but then I listened to the album and it rocked