The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

The sound of these guys has just become amazing. To be honost, Three Cheers sucked. All they used was distortion on top of distortion, and it gave us a buzzsaw effect. This is over. They have been using acoustic guitars, lighter distortion, and evan, clean effects. They have really cleaned it up.

I like the lyrics. For this album, they seem to be moving away from the geekier fake emo stuff, as heard on "I Never Told You What I do For a Living". It's more about real life stuff. Probably the biggest line that hit me was "If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first hand what it's like to be me". That just struck me. Gerard's voice has also come a long way. From being addicted to crack, and pills, and booze, his voice just sucked. He cleaned that up, he can hit highs, and keep it in tune, even live he can do better. Well done.

Very good album. One of my tops of all time. The only album this compares to from MCR is Bullets. I don't think this sounds like typical MCR. It is much better. The only thing I don't like about it, is it can get old fast. Once you hear "Dead!" you know everything is coming, so you know. I would definatly buy this album if it was lost or stolen. One of the best in 2006.

milhouse56
    When I first heard this album, i actually didnt like it too much. its a big change from their last album. but now, i cant get enough of it. After you get past the big change in sound, its amazing. I think it has a HUGE queen influence. Plus, all of them raised their skill level for solos and vocals