The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

Musically the album is softer and less grungy. it's still has it agressive punk/emo riffs but each song fits in a classic rock touch. Songs like Black Parade, Famous Last Words, Dead, and House Of Wolves show a great influnce of Queen, David Bowie, Ziggy Startdust, and many other classic rock heros. What I insist you do go to my chemical romance.com see if they are coming to your town if so buy tickets then run out and buy the album.

Each of their albums reflect on what was going on in their life but this one was so powerful and wouyld be amazing live. This albums I think represents thier recovery from drugs, alohol, and depression. Still speaks of death and dark themes yet in a way that makes you think deeper into he concept. It talks about it in a very deep and mature manner. The song Famous Last Words lyrics make the album a four star hit. 'I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone, Nothing you can say will stop me going on' those 26 words sum up the whole album the fact that they werent going to give up and let depression and drugs ruin their life, just gives a cent of hope to their old fans. Giving a message like this shows so much more than the regualr anti bush fab.

This album was amazing. It takes living legends and Rob Cavalo to create and album like this, I say it's the best album since American Idoit. It's punk that stays away from politics. Alternative, hardcore, punk, emo, screamo, indie fans they will all love it ther is something in it for everybody and that's the type of album that reaches 10.

mychem00
    ohhh yeah, my chem is so horrible( sarcasm big time)that's why they have a gold record and have enough fans that they can extend there tour back into the US. If people would just take time to listen to the lyrics and at least try to understand my chem they would like them . there are so many people out there that hate my chem because of the fact that they are "EMO".....WTF
    mychem00
    and so what if they,"sound like the other bands that came out in that time period"..... they are so much more successful than any of the rest of them. There's a reason for that. Everybody in the band has improved so much since three cheers. Besides half you people saying bad stuff about my chem have probably only seen the video's and are passing judgement off of those. check out their cd's and then if you don't find something you like go ahead and post a bad comment.