The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

Wow, if you have heard any old MCR albums and liked them I hate to say it but you might not like this album. That is the only problem that I could think of for this album. I liked the old albums but I think this is a huge improvement. This may be what some people describe as selling-out but this is what I call growing-up. Gerard's vocals have improved very much and Ray has at least one riff in every song that made me want to come to this site and learn how to play it.

The lyrics are a big improvement, just like every other aspect of the album. The album is about a man who is dying, or already died of cancer. It's kind of confusing but the lyrics work very well with this rock opera. Mama is the only song that I found the lyrics to be confusing, but the song itself makes up for it.

01. The End - pretty damn good, I kind of wish that this song was longer one of the songs that really stuck out for me! 02. Dead! - starts off with a nice solo and the vocals are catchy, a little overkill with the "lalalala" part, but good. 03. This Is How I Disappear - this song is incredible, whenever I put this CD in, I need to listen to this song and then start from the beginning. Amazing! 04. The Sharpest Lives - a good song but definately not one of my favorites. 05. Welcome To The Black Parade - I know, everyone has told me, "It is played out." I don't think so one bit, this song is quality and I don't think having it on MTV and the radio could ruin it. 06. I Don't Love You - the next single, and I think it's a good choice. This song is beautiful and I love the guitar intro. There are many parts of this song that mankes me rewind and listen to them over and over again. 07. House Of Wolves - despite the fact that I love this song, it is my least favorite of the original tracks. Sounds too 80's metalish for me. 08. Cancer - there was like a week when I had this album that this was the only song that I would listen to. Perfect example of the grown up MCR. 09. Mama - great. I have no way to explain this song. If you haven't heard it go find a way to, right now! It's crazy. My favorite part is in the second verse during the "I shouldve been a better son" part. It's different but in a good way! 10. Sleep - effing awesome! It seems so dark to me. Kind of reminescent of "Spiders" by SOAD. The pre-chorus is awesome! 11. Teenagers - the first song I fell in love with on this album. I love when he shouts "All Together Now!" Another great song! 12. Disenchanted - I'm listening to this song right now and it is currently my favorite on the album, (tied with "This Is How I Disappear") This song could make me cry given the right time. I love it! 13. Famous Last Words - great ending to the album! Has to be one of my favorites. Awesome guitar and vocal work. I love how they go together. I could listen to this song all day! 14. Blood - well, I think they shouldve just ended with Famous Last Words. The only downer to the album, thank God it's just a hidden track. Well I bet MCR wouldn't actually make it a real song. It's funny though.