The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

The sound of My chemical Romance changed a lot since 'Three cheers for sweet revenge'. Maybe because they invented 'The Black Parade' as their alter ego or maybe just because they tried some new things and used other instruments and influences like Queen. They still have a typical sound, not just because of Gerard Ways voice. If you know older songs you will notice, that this album is more pop than the old ones. But that's not bad in any way! This record is a musical journey through Rock'n Roll, pop, punk and many other kinds of music with the typical i-point given by My chemical Romance.

Gerard Way sings a lot better since he's gotten clean and sober in August 2004. The lyrics of 'Three cheers for sweet revenge' were very metaphorical. On 'The black Parade' they're very direct and outspoken. Maybe thought "the band that wants to save your life" that many people didn't understand their songs and felt to make them more direct. Anyway they're still brilliant, even if you sometimes just think "wtf?" Gerard Way did a great job!

You can't compare this album to any other. The story it tells with the vision the band hasand the theatrical point of it makes you just sing along. You completely feel with it, no matter if it's joy or sorrow. It's hard to tell what's the best song, because their all so amazing! One time you feel like "Oh I love 'I don't love you'" and then you listen to another song of this record and fall in love with this one. The album brings something new everytime you listen, so it never gets boring and it will be played non-stop. I would buy it everytime again without thinking and I want to recommend it to everyone who likes good music!

RaWk!!
    man this album is full of amazing small messenges and big messenges and it sounds ****ing amazing i love it but they have change their inmage loads since the last album coming from emo into a more goth emo which is better!!!