The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

First off the sound got so much better especially the guitarists. There are some pretty good solos throughout the CD, too. The CD almost didn't make it. This shows in "Welcome to the Black Parade" which was originally supposed to be called "The Five of Us Are Dying." Mikey Way became severely depressed after his father's nonfatal heart attack. The band also decided to record in a "haunted" house and when Mikey got there he just didn't thimnk he would make it out of there. Frank Iero was writing probably the most dynamic song on the album "Famous Last Words" when Gerard Way came down and saw it he just felt totally diisapointed and the Black PArade lived. The Balck PArade is also about a Patient that Gerard says is him in some way (that's why he cut his hair for, as he says for a deathly I'll effect). The Patient gets a glimpse at death and regrets all of the things he never did and how he wasted his life and decides to live again. My Chemical Romance also actually has a lot of pianos some hidden som just out there. There is also some acoustic too!

The lyrics for the songs are better than any other My Chemical Romance album. You can tell how much they have matured, going from a bad breakup, to avenigng ghosts, and now living you rlife the way you want to. Gerard is a good singer and it shows on the album especially in Cancer.

The bext song on this album is Famous Last words it's just so inspiring. Dead and The End are the first songs and they are My Chemical Romance resigning from the're old selfs and living their lives. The Sharpest Lives is about Gerard and Bert McCkracken's (frontman of the Used) relationship and their falling out. Cnacer is all about the Patient and it's pretty obvious if you listen to lyrics.