The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

The sound is simply amazing. I love the guitar licks like in Famous Last Words and the solos like in Dead! I didn't really like the other CD. But one of my decent friends was obsessed with it so I had to listen to it, then when I saw that MCR had released another album I wasn't exactly emphatic. But then I listened to Famous Last Words and right way I loved the CD. I like the straight-up, hard guuitars in the album, Ray does a great job on this album.

The lyrics are much better than Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. Gerard's lyrics actually mean something but yet they're not like too emotional or poonish. They're just right for a rock band. Once I sat and listened to Welcome to the Black Parade over and over again for almost an hour just listening to the lyrics. I would've been ready to shoot myself if I had to do that for Helena. The lyrics match perfectly with their instruments. And Gerard is, as always, singing great.

If you're wondering if it compares to other albums, I would say it is better than most albums out right now. This album blew me away the first time I listened to the whole thing. I think the best songs are Famous Last Words, Welcome To The Black Parade, and Dead! I love (I know I've said it like 5 times) the cool guitars and drums in this album. If it were stolen by a gremlin or something, I would immediatly go get it once again.

RyanMcCartney
    Sleep doesnt open with talk about terrorists. It opens with talk about NIGHT TERRORS... eejit.
    eater
    "wow!!" was the first word came out from my mouth when I saw "Welcome to the Black Parade" on TV. Now, after I have their cassete and CD, I still say "WOW!!" because of their Amazing lyrics, guitar,drum,bass, and vocal. Especially in DEAD, I love the intro... I have their "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" but I don't have their first 2 album..... that's suck