The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

The Black Parade has by far the best sound out of all of the My Chemical Romance albums. Gerard's voice sounds much more developed and the band's chemistry rings out a lot more. Just about every song on the album is great, with only a few flaws sticking out. 01. The End - a cool start to the album with the epic "Now come one, come all to this tragic affair". A pretty good song, could be longer. 02. Dead! - one of my favorites. Comes straight in where The End left off. A bizarrely happy song about death with great solos. 03. This Is How I Disappear - the beginning is a bit boring but the overall song is awesome. It took me a while to like this song but after a while it rubbed off on me. 04. The Sharpest Lives - like This Is How I Disappear, this song has a boring beginning, but contains an epic chorus and an amazing second verse, along with a really messed up bridge that sounds pretty cool. 05. Welcome To The Black Parade - the worst song on the album, but that isn't saying much, considering it's still a good song. Awesome guitar solos, catchy piano intro, lyrics aren't great but have a pretty cool meaning. 06. I Don't Love You - a great song when you just want to mellow out. Soft yet amazing. 07. House Of Wolves - another one of the best songs on the album. It reminds me of "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" off of the Three Cheers album. Great beginning, great middle, great end, near perfect song. 08. Cancer - this song also took a bit to grow on me, but is a great song, short as it is. A very depressing song. 09. Mama - the best song on the album. A very catchy, italian sounding song. The lyrics are still ringing in my head from when I saw them live a few weeks ago. Their best song yet. 10. Sleep - a pretty good song with a strange intro. The song reaches out to me for some reason. It's hard to say much more about it. 11. Teenagers - my second favorite on the album. Such a catchy song, it reminds me a lot of me and my friends. You really have to hear it to understand what I mean. 12. Disenchanted - this song is really powerful in my eyes, even though it starts with that annoying intro. The song is basically a dying man looking at his life from beginning to end. One of the best. 13. Famous Last Words - this is a great song even after being overplayed on the radio. One of MCR's best. 14. Blood (hidden track) - cracks me up.

The lyrics were amazing. I could really feel what Gerard Way was trying to express through this album. His concept of a dying man with cancer helped make the album what it is. Unlike Three Cheers, which in some songs sounded way too much like he was just whining, The Black Parade adds a new label to MCR that improves it's status fron a mainstream emo band to a rising power in the music industry.

This is by far the best album MCR has put out. Everything about this album says "Platinum". All of the members of MCR have put in so much energy to this album that they lacked in the past that it has become near a masterpiece. The best songs are Mama, Teenagers, House Of Wolves, Disenchanted, Dead!, and Famous Last Words. The only thing I find wrong with this album is the fact that Welcome To The Black Parade was overplayed which ruined the quality of the song in the long run. If the album was stolen, I wouldn't complain because I have it on a USB drive. Don't ask why. I can't wait to see what MCR has in store next.

mychem00
    you said that you have the back parade and three cheers.... the only other one is bullets..... what do you mean the other two?
    Amuro Jay
    for the most part i dont really see any emo in this album, unlike their last 2. (which, by the way, were great albums)