The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

First off I would like to say "wow". Incredible album in every aspect, personally never took the time ever to write a review online but this album deserves it! The sound is off the wall in all the songs. The type of album you can listen to over and over and never get tired of it. You got the harder tunes with "House of Wolves" being my favorite, then got the toned down ones like "Disenchanted". "Teenagers" is such an upeat singalong. Amazing guitar riffs! Every song though is out of this world and I really can't pick a favorite it's that good!

Where do I start. I'm a little speechless for words to describe the emotion and heartwrenching lyrics this album posseses. It's basically a movie starting from the end that really keeps you listening all the way through. Never liked the band but heard some good things so I sat down and decided to give it a shot one night with my six pack of beer, pack of smokes sitting on my deck. By the end of the CD I was nearly in tears! Never in my life has an album hit me in such a way like this. THE most powerful lyrics I ever heard! His voice strikes something unique inside unparrelell to anything I ever heard, just amazing! Could give you examples of some of the songs but would be here all night so I envoke you to listen and experience this masterpiece for your self.

If there was a word overall I could use to describe this classic I would use it because it's in it's own class! This album changed my life! I love every aspect about every song in it's entirety! Not one I like less than another, going as far as to say that every song is my favorite. What blows me away is that I hated this band for years, really despised but to be fair never really listened to enough of them. But from what I heard they sound so different and more moderenized, less screaming. Listen to this album! Everybody, this is going to go down as one of the all time classics for years and years upon years to come! Well done My Chemical Romance!