The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

My Chemical Romance has finally begun to get my respect. Much better then "Bullets" or "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge". Sure, most of you are going to be like "MCR is a stupid emo band, emo this emo that". In my case, this album showed me that as we say "emo" or more specific "third wave of emo" is infact a decent form of music. Weather it's the epic "Welcome to the Black Parade", the highly rebelious "Teenagers", the relentless riff based "Dead!" or any other track on this album, I think everybody weather your grunge, heavy metal, punk or whatever, should give this album at least one listen. It will cange your whole view on "emo" as most like to call it.

Not much to say, decent concept albums are hard to come by and MCR are brilliant. Although some might fall into your typical "emo" catergory, it also has rebellion, story telling, and much more to offer. The greatest rock opera of the 21st century by far.

My Chemical Romance have evolved significantly on this album. It does not compare at all to the first two, which were terrible as far as I'm concerned. To me it sounds ifluenced by much classic rock and modern rock. I'll say this, Thursday meets Queen backstage at an Aerosmith concert and decides to form a The Get Up Kids cover band, result: The Black Parade.

scb
    MCR rule really, and i can see that many people dont like them, so why comment when all of the fans dont want to hear it??? BUT LOSTPROPHETS ROOOCK