The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

Going into this I'm already a superfan when it comes to MCR so your not gonna get a bad review from me. As several others have said this album does have a different sounds from their last two but just like the others it sends out a one two melt-your-face-off death blow of Fantastic lyrics and incredible instrumentals.

As always Gerard delivers all songs with some kind of meaning, in addition you will find the Gerard will often sing in a higher tone then in previous albums but also sings the same punkish tone for songs like House of Wolves and Teenagers. Unlike some of the songs on I bought you my bullets teh lyrics of these songs seem as though the music was made around them and they flow in unison that's close to perfection.

The album is not like the other it will take time to get used to it, but don't just blow it off the first time you listen, listen to it a couple times and you'll find yourself singing along and headbanging and scrambling for tabs to the songs in no time. My favorite songs from the new album are; Dead! mostly because it's a simple but very fun song to play on bass, This is how I Disappear I can't help but sing this lyrics whenever I hear, next House of Wolves this song is different from any on the album and is just a really incredible experience to listen to, Teenagers this beat will have your head rocking and your foot stomping in no time, Disenchanted this song almost makes you feel like your looking on the past even if you don't now the lyrics it feels nostalgic, finally Famous last words if I ever got the cause to really make music I would ony hope that it was even 1/16 as good as this song. If I lost this disc my life would come to a grinding halt until I got another copy.

Thecla
    I've got their album, listened it a couple of times but I've listended to Famous Last Words a couple of hundred times! I said to a friend that I didnt like mcr but damn I just cant stop finding myself listening to that song all the time.
    CoHead
    wow, that is a lot of comments. i wish i could read all of them but i definately don't have the patience. I think this album comes down to opinion. It is a great album, and I can definately tell they have matured. Gerard's voice and the guitar-work have gone a step up. Definately less emo, but it does lose some of its emotion which is what really stands out on Three Cheers(which is my personal favorite), and I can understand why some people would be upset. That doesn't make it any less of a great album though. And to the guy who said it wasn't emo because it was made up. The album definately draws from real emotions or else it wouldn't connect with anyone, regardless if they're his emotions or not (which im pretty sure he used a lot of his emotions to get his point across). And not all bands can be as talented as Dragonforce at their instruments. These guys are still friggin good at what they do. Oh, and not listening to bands that are on MTV simply for that reason is really limiting yourself. You are pretty ignorant. Yes, a lot of good bands aren't discovered by MTV (i like a lot of them). But alot are still really good. There. I said it.
    granola321
    oh you're so wrong. emo bands don't talk about cutting and all that other crap you said. one band i've heard of that is emo and talks about ohio is hawthorne heights.. why they put it in their lyrics is because they're girlfriends live in ohio and they were going to be away from them for a very long time. besides that.. i haven't heard another song about ohio. that is supposedly emo...
    blinkguitarist5 wrote: To all of those who say that MCR is an emo band....Just shut up. Emo bands talk about cutting thier wrists, getting dumped, crying, and for some odd reason, Ohio. Emo sucks ass, there I said it. MCR is a pretty damn good band. It was definatly worth the $10 I paid for it. Welcome to the Black Parade is a kick ass song. This album is definatly different from their first two albums, that I'll admit, were a little bit emo. This whole album is just telling a story. So to all you emo, retarded critics shut the hell up.
    Anealator
    I absolutely ADORE this album, my fave out of the 3 by far. I've seen it live too so I'm not suprised!!
    seekmetal
    emo= emotional hardcore music this album isnt a hardcore album therefore its not emo therefore they're not an emo band anymore there just a rock band. this album is pretty good and much better than most modern crap.
    xBassgirl123x
    I think mcr albums have gotten worse because now they have broken the mainstream their next album probably won't be as good.
    sxy6helena
    I know alot of people didnt like this cd, but I really liked it I Love "I Dont love You" , "Disenchanted" , "Sharpest Lives", "Mama", "Teenagers", and the rest is all really good i guess i loved the whole cd, i mean MCR is only like the best band ever!
    Afi_rocker_91
    i miss the old stuff the new stuff is good but they are too mainstream for me im getting tired of this cd TCFSR and IBYMBYBMYL were the best