The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

First of all, let me say that this album is a masterpiece. My Chemical Romance's music can get a little dramatic, but this album takes dramatic to new heights. The album's "story" is about a boy, the Patient, who gets cancer and dies, but once he dies, there's a parade in the sky for him(hence the name "The Black Parade"). In the release press conference, lead singer, Gerard Way said, "I've always thought that when you die, heaven is what you want it to be, and for this kid, his best memory was when he was at a parade with his dad." In the record, you can hear many different, more classic rock sounds. For instance, "The End" sounds like Pink Floyd, or "Welcome to the Black Parade" might sound like Queen.

In all of My Chemical Romance's songs, the lyrics tend to be more revenge-filled, but on this CD they seem to be more about life and death or being an outcast. You can tell by listening that Gerard Way's life has been filled with all of that, and he knows that some of his fans do too. But, if you want to really make those lyrics work, you have to have talent. Gerard definately has that talent. Even live he can sing. And that's important in a band.

This CD is the best album I own. I don't let anyone touch it because I want to keep it in perfect condition, yeah it's that good. My favorite songs on the album would have to be "Disenchanted" or "House of Wolves". The thing I love about this album is that it can speak to anybody. Everybody has emotions and they go through some of the same things that are on this CD. If you haven't gotten this CD, go and by it now.

mister bass guy
    FeLiZgInAtO wrote: Maddy! wrote: This album is amazing. They Desearve there No1 spot in the UK charts. They are as kerrang said the best band on the planet. 1.Kerrang! is a horrible magazine.Almost as bad as Rolling STone. 2.Kerrang! Is just willing to jump on the next gravy boat untill the next big band comes along.Give Mychem another 2 albums or so and they are finished.
    hey, u might be right...but 2 albums can keep me satisfied.
    #1floydfan
    I absolutly hate the music today. And please stop comparing MCR with Pink Floyd, Queen, David Bowie, or Nirvana. those bands are good. The only reason they sound similar is because they're completly copying them. And they're not even close to being the best band. And talking about death all the time was only good with the floyd. this album is a complete copy of the Wall with some crybaby vocals thrown in