The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,210 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

From MCR's previous albums, I'd Have to say this sounds the best. Gerard's vocals are much stronger and have much more melody to them but then he still keeps the screaming element to give it the right mix. Ray's guitar solos have gotten so more complex than three cheers and bullets mixed together. Frank's power chords have still given the band the heavy old school punk/new alternative sound, yet the sound is so much stronger. Bob's drums fit in to every song perfectly. Mikey's bass playing has become awesome and somehow it seems more in sync with each song. Also, the use of acoustic guitars throughout the album make the record's sound balance a thin line between heavy and smooth.

Gerard Way has been my favorite song writer since 2003 when I discovered MCR and I still feel the same way. After hearing the opening line of The End, my respect for his music became so much stronger. Describing the patient throughout his tragic journey of death and suffering has confused many people but it really does have a message in every song (except for teenagers, which seemed like it didn't belong on the album). The lyrics in The End/Dead!, Teenagers, Famous Last Words, Mama, and House Of Wolves seem to just be so angry, so raw, so strong. Lyrics in Welcome To The Black Parade, Cancer, Sleep, Disenchanted, This Is How I Disappear, The Sharpest Lives, and I Don't Love You have the same effect but without the excessive anger and more of a melodic rythym to them.

My impression: amazing. If you don't have this album, quit reading this, get in your car, drive to a record shop and buy this CD. It really will change your look on music and make you think about the lyrics in every song you hear. Also, of the subject, but if you have a heart, if you care about people who need help and your willing to give it, or if you are just a good person who loves to make people happy, go visit a children's hospital or a cancer victim or anyone with a problem (emotional, physical, disease, whatever) and just help them. You have no idea how happy it makes someone who is waiting for the answer of life or death, fighting to just live, lying there in a cold hospital room with no visitors to see someone who cares about them, who wants to help, who wants to be their friend. Gerard has influenced me to do this and it makes sense. Many people in hospitals die feeling betrayed and alone because their families or friends don't care about them. That's the meaning behind The Black Parade, that's the real point of MCR: to save lifes or to help. So please, help someone out soon, whether you know them or not.

MetalFan4Life
    Oh my fukin god. why is this the most popular MCR album when it totally suks????!?!?!?!?!?!?! I mean i liked the first 2 albums, but then they blew it by makin this album, although i do like welcome to the black parade, BUT THATS IT!!!!! i mean come on, get a life. It isnt hard enough any more, they've taken out the screamo singin and theyve made it a wussy album so they could be heard on mainstream radio.
    feeney
    as much as i love mcr i hav to kinda agree with metalfan4life. i thin there over 2 albums are better and more them they hav changed. but sayin that i do like the black parade just not as much. also ive heard that there next album is goin to be more like there first 2! x