The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

I think the sound of The Black Parade is incredible. My Chemical Romance have two guitarist and unlike some other bands, they know how to use them. For example: The bridge after the long intro in 'Welcome To The Black Parade'. Ray Toro and Frank Iero are player two seperate pieces together and it just sounds awesome. But sometimes in The Black Parade I think they could have worked a little more in some parts, like in 'Cancer' and 'I Don't Love You', but still it is a better effort than their other albums.

I think Gerard Way is a great singer. But sometimes his lyrics don't make sense. Most of his lyrics do comply well with the music, though sometimes I didn't know what he was saying until I read the lyrics. Also, just like the music sometimes he could have tried just a little harder, but still a excellent effort.

Some of the most impressive songs in the album are; Welcome To The Black Parade, Dead!, THE END, The Sharpest Lives, House Of Wolves, Famous Last Words and Teenagers. I just love some of the guitar parts and solos, My Chemical Romance have some of the funnest songs to play for guitar. So if your a guitarist looking for a challenge and to further your skills and have fun, you should learn 'It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish, the solos in 'Dead!' (for a fun challenge) and the awesome riff in 'To The End' (not in The Black Parade).

andrewjf
    i love this band,and Gerard.but he needs to stop being a hypocrite.he claims that emo is a pile of shit.when a lot of the songs he has written are emo,or have emo roots to them "I dont love you" "this is how i disappear" and almost every song from Three Cheers
    |\puto_rodas/|
    maJ estY wrote: I've never really been able to get into them. I gave them a try and they're just not really complex enough for me. My favorite band is Dream Theater. Any of you who are familiar with them will understand what I mean by not complex enough.
    I do. And the guy who said dragonforce is good... Well, theyre not good enough to be said theyre actually awesome. Maybe the guy doesnt know their album was digitally speeded up! Anyway, about MCR... I think some of the lirycs of this album are nothing less than TOO EMO... but well, if U stop and try to think what is not a 0% OFF EMO, U can only find things like SLIPKNOT that write about being insane and stuff! All in all, I like at least 50% of this album, its not just an EMO album, Musically, cant say theire not talented, because that spot belongs to TOKIO HOTEL! Rock On guys!
    |\puto_rodas/|
    (...) what is a 0% OFF EMO (...) Sorry I got myself shitted at the keyboard xD ada yada yada take off the "Not" word... Now that was stupid.
    hendris
    [b] I completly agree i mean i have never heard a whole album from these guys but i have definintly heard enough to show what their guitarists can do and it is blant and very mediocre. just because you can palmmute through an entire song and think that tremelo picking is doing a solo than your nowhere near the class that randy rhoads was in i am surprised that there are only a few who thought of this and felt like they had to say something jesus christ this is ultimate guitar! if your on this site you should have a guitar resting under your pit and a neck blockin out the keyboard you should definintly know that saying you are similar to randy rhodes is a ridiculous thing to say and you should be burned with the other witches LONG LIVE RANDY RHODES
    Just for clarity, im pretty sure their lead guitarist didn't call himself Rhandy Rhodes. His influences are more classic rock so he way have said he got some inspiration from Rhodes. I also read something about their guitarists where when he was asked about Dead! being on guitar hero he talked about how he didn't think he was one or why other people would consider him one. so yea go mcr. good album.
    U2Rocks91
    tekee007 wrote: this album sucks dick
    u suck dick, this is my fave album at the moment,mcr rock
    Tele88
    tommy gosh wrote: the sharpest lives, house of wwolves, cancer and mama are 4 reasons why mcr is better then nirvanna. Kurt cobain sounded like a dying frog anyway
    Aneurysm, In Bloom, Milk It and the acoustic cover of The Man Who Sold The World are 4 reasons why Nirvana are better than MCR. Here are three more reasons: Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic, Dave Grohl. Sorry, I didn't want to put this band down, but that remark just incensed me. Nirvana > MCR.
    rockfan7
    2 B popular you have a few ways. Look Good Be hip-hop/rap ( not that hard just change the lyrics in already made hip hop songs :O) or (like MCR) B so good that people like you. I dunno if no one like them they would have 2 suck cuz the 1st 2 dnt aply.