The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,208 votes)
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade

The Black Parade starts off with a mellow song "the end" which leads to the next song "dead".The Black Parade is a concept album centering around the character "The Patient". It centers around his passage out of life and the memories he has of his life. "The Patient" dies and death comes for him in the form of a parade. As crazy as that sounds the CD still holds up from the first track to the last. The first thing you may remember about my chemical romance is that they scream a lot at random parts of a song, but now they control themselves and scream only when the music picks up.After you here this CD once you will go back right after, and want to listen to it again from start to finish.

Gerard Way I must say has a good voice, but when the band first started he resorted to screaming instead of just singing, and showing off his good voice. His voice realy goes with the mood of all the songs, and that's what makes him a good singer. The lyrics in the album are also good, but not the best. Some songs have better lyrics then others.

Overall you will be happy with buying this cd, and all the songs are good, but "dead", "teenagers", and "mama" stand out the most. They have the best lyrics of the CD hands down. If I ever lost this CD I would run down to a music store and buy a new copy. All in all I like everything about this cd, and I'm happy to see that the band has grown out of it's old roots.

lao123
    Man, people insult MCR so much for being 'emo'. If you know anything, Gerard doesn't drink alcohol or do drugs. He used to do coke, and be am alcoholic yes. Don't judge them just because they don't sing about how that chick dumped them. And if you go to an MCR concert, it isn't exactly violent. A Disturbed concert in my country was horrible. Drug overdoses, broken backs from being trampled in the mosh pits. Ray Toro isn't any Joe Satriani or anything, but he's still talented and writes very effective music.
    Harry_66
    MoshMaster101 : I personally don't know what all the hype was about. I bought the cd solely on the basis of the killer first single after having despised their last album to the ends of the earth. There's 5 decent songs on it. Thats it. The rest is utter crap and there's maybe one or two across the whole album that are completely original. Best song = Teenagers. Worst = Mama, The Sharpest Lives or Dead!
    JAJAJAJA moshmaster???? JAJAJAJA GREAT ALBUM&GREAT BAND!! haters can keep on thinking they know better about music, but theri judgement will always be blinded by prejudice... I think every record must be listened for what it is, not for what you want to hear... Pura vida!
    Amuro Jay
    hawkdude9 wrote: Maurice(GUN) wrote: Well First Off Let Me Say To All The Fags On Here Who's Dissing MCR Go Hang Yourself you Brownie Pounders!!! MCR Rocks !! 3Cheers Was A Great Album, But The Black Parade Out Does It. It's Epic And Flat Out Rocks I Listen To This CD In My Car Everyday! the singer sounds like hes getting his brownies pounded on this CD...
    LOL!
    hawkdude9
    the singer sounds like hes getting his brownies pounded on this CD...
    hawkdude9
    LOVECANTSAVEYOU wrote: they arent emo..i know. they dont dress emo.they're more punk. emo bands are like fall out boy, just surrender,forgive durden,ummmm bands like that, hawthorne heights,yeahh i guess there more punk though.
    MCR = emo band trying its hardest not to be emo. punk = black flag, dead kennedys, misfits, rancid, buzzcocks, bad brains when the **** did MCR become punk? this album is just...crap. that's coming from a fan who hates most emo and makes fun of emo people constantly
    Rallad
    listen to this man
    koolfoolinapool
    review wrote: However, the lyrics aren't wussy at all and his voice echos and adds harmonies at the right times. The octaves he reaches are incredible and he deserves a huge thanks for this albums sound.
    lol octaves. He doesn't have that big of a range. Go listen to Geoff Tate and teach yourself what a 4 octave range sounds like.
    reaper_x
    idiot.
    koolfoolinapool
    Review wrote: I think everybody weather your grunge, heavy metal, punk or whatever, should give this album at least one listen. It will cange your whole view on "emo" as most like to call it.
    Nope. I did. It did not.
    koolfoolinapool
    You are sadly mistaken. They dress emo. They are emo. Punk outfitting would be torn t shirts and perhaps a torn sleeveless flannel vest, ripped jeans, or ripped shorts. Boots (like Doc Martins or somethin) or converses, skate shoes. Mohawks, long hair, shaved head, bald, etc. Eyeliner, black or white hair, excessively black clothing, whiny weak voices, outlandish themed outfits. Sounds emo to me.
    koolfoolinapool
    Riotgirrl* wrote: RiffOffUrFace wrote: crap album by a crap band stupid emos ruining everything hey touch Why are you looking MCR reviews if you ate them?! MCR menbers are not even emo!
    lmao not emo. . . You're a comedian. lmao
    koolfoolinapool
    reaper_x wrote: just having solos does not make them good. they need GOOD solos to be good. im ashamed of my fellow metalhead. Dragonforce rocks harder than all! idiot.
    Dragonforce is a studio band. lmao They can't play live. Go listen to Kamelot. They have a much better once opera singer. They can play live also.
    Dan The Poet wrote: He's an amazing singer, but it's all to emo for me
    horrible singer. Geoff Tate, perhaps the greatest of Rock singers. Chris Cornell in Soundgarden and Euphoria Morning great singer. Roy Khan great once opera now symphonic/progressive metal singer. Gerard Gay, whiny emo, generic, pop-rock singer.
    Mahoru
    guitaluva15 wrote: i hate emo music, but this album isn't all emo and is a very good listen
    I agree with you. I can't stand Fall Out Boy and emos like them, but my best friend lent me this album last week, and I have to say it sounds nothing like they used to sound. They've improved a lot, and I actually admit I enjoy listening to The Black Parade.