The Black Parade Is Dead [DVD] review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Jul 1, 2008
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 7
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade Is Dead [DVD]

The sound is almost perfect except the back-up vocals could have been a little louder. Turn it up loud and you feel like you almost there. If you like The Black Parade you will love this. Way gets the crowd to sing a lot which they get into. You can hear this well obviously as there are 20,000 people there.

Content — 8
It contains two disks: There is a CD with the final performance of the black parade on October 7, 2007 in Mexico. All the songs on the set are the entire Black Parade album. I was hoping for some old stuff as well there but still pretty damn good. The other is a DVD of the same concert but then a intimate pub show in New Jersey later that month with a crowd of 200. This contains basically the same but with some old school stuff as well. An untitled song is also played here which had a great sound. Also contained is a booklet with photo's and all that. There's also a short letter to the MCRmy on a piece of card saying thanks for everything and see you next time.

Production Quality — 7
In the pub concert they had cameras in the crowd, on stage and up the back which were very cool. There was one old school camera that gave a black and white and fuzzy feel to it. Little annoying but helped the sound in quiet bits. The pyro during the big show is also fairly impressive and reminded me of Green Day.

A lot like Bullet In A Bible but with a far smaller crowd. The most impressive stuff would probabley be the sound turn it up loud! Most of it I love but there probabley could have been some better angles in the pub concert to film from. If you love MCR and you either saw the concert or sadly missed it, this is for you! If it were stolen/lost I would definitely buy it again as it's something you can watch over and over again.