The Mad Gear And Missile Kid review by My Chemical Romance

• Released: Nov 22, 2010
My Chemical Romance: The Mad Gear And Missile Kid

Let me start off by saying My Chemical Romance is one of my favorite bands but I promise this won't taint my review! -My impression of this album was relatively good. The album is barely less than six minutes but it still is filled to the brim with energy. -The story behind this EP is relatively simple. Basically this EP is what the Killjoys were listening to during the music videos for "Na Na Na" and "Sing". -This album has amazing bass lines! Not only is Mikey Way an amazing bassist but he is a very creative writer and the bass lines he uses are very unique. The guitar parts are genius! The chords are very solid and not just your basic three chord progression. Although I'm not a huge fan of the chorus of "Black Dragon Fighting Society" it's just kind of odd. Not really my style. I do not like the drum lines in these at all. Mike Pedicone is an average drummer. Just average and nothing more. The drum lines are just so-so in my opinion. Overall the sound is unique in some ways and average in others.

-The lyrics... What can I say about the lyrics? "F.T.W.W.W." - In this song repetition is MCR's best friend. The lyrics all have relatively the same tune. The chorus "She said come on come on kiss my battery come on come on I'll be your android girl" is repeated many times through the song. This song is one that can get stuck in your head for days, especially the chorus. Very catchy and makes you want to sing along. My favorite track for a reason. "Mastas Of Ravenkroft" - In this song I feel like I am hearing the same thing many times on repeat. But in a song this short it doesn't make a huge difference. The tune is catchy and the lyrics are pretty fun. Overall it's pretty good song. "Black Dragon Fighting Society" - Can I start off with how much I love I line "I drink juice when I'm killing because it's f***ing delicious!"? Other than that I don't really like the lyrics in this one to repetitive and I just don't like them. It's an okay song. I don't really have much to say about this one. -The lyrics definitely go along with the music. Although I don't like all of the lyrics they definitely match the music. High energy singing with high energy instrumentals. -Gerard Way has an awesome voice. He can actually sing but his New Jersey accent makes him sound kind of raw and that matches this band's sound. Raw talent.

Overall I think this a relatively good album for being so short. Funny and catchy lyrics, great bass and guitar lines. The most impressive song was probably "F.T.W.W.W." I love that it's so short. It's fun to wake up to because it's so energetic and fast paced! If it were stolen or lost I would most likely buy it again.

Gerard Way Jr
    hnb1214 wrote: Guys, first off a review is "a general survey of something, especially in words; a report or account of something." and that's what i did. You don't have to agree with me. And just to let you know I am a girl freshman in high school. At least I don't listen to Justin Beiber like most girls my age...
    Funny how women tell us not to make assumptions based on their gender, yet expect us to give them leniency for the same thing.
    Gerard Way Jr
    ColdHeartedHero wrote: im a fan of MCR too, but. not your basic 3 chord progressions? Pedicone is average? you know he was the drummer for the Bled right? a band with 4x the talent MCR has.
    I think you've missed the point of this EP.
    crystalmonday80
    ColdHeartedHero
    hnb1214
    @ColdHeartedHero I was never saying Pedicone was not a good drummer but on this album it was only so so
    alex alvarez
    I promise this won't taint my review! Mikey Way an amazing bassist im a huge fan of mcr i have all of there work etc. but mikey way is not an amazing bassit! hes not bad but not that good. you just like him and you dont see the real thing there. mcr is an amazing band and this ep its really great but in my opinion you CANT make a real review knowing you love the guys, obviously youll think its good music. thats why i dont make mcr reviews because i think all there stuff is great
    crystalmonday80
    crystalmonday80 wrote: i can tell the first review is from a girl or a very confused 12 year old boy... anyways really good EP!
    sorry i meant the 2nd review.
    hnb1214